Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Voa, I'm supposed to drop C-tier Tsubaki and become another tier-whoring Ragna.

Stop persuading me to change my mind! :X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Voa, I'm supposed to drop C-tier Tsubaki and become another tier-whoring Ragna.

* Stop persuading me to change my mind! :X
    Play whatever tier ya want man. Once you learn a character, it's all about the game man.

Also, you know me; I get lonely being all by myself in C tier, I want to convince others to join me.*:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I believe the technical term for this is "GDLK".

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Yreval wrote: »

Omg Nostalgia ;.; Used to play this for hours on my crappy pc when I was like... 8 :D

(also first post on this forum after months of lurking, hi :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You want GDLK?
    Try playing like that... and winning.

I also remember on the VF4: Evo disc, they had a guy doing max-damage combos with one hand too.

• Advertisement

Oh hey look, I vidcapped a match of me and Tin.

I wish.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Bookmarked that one, what a match! Subbing to BBVlog was a good idea :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

eh yeah I played the pc version for a long time but since I have super on ps3 I wouldnt be going back to play 4.

Still I really hope it super comes onto the pc soon.

LOL:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm happy to say I discovered 4 or 5 of the easier ones on my own.

I'M COMING FOR YOU MOD!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

scary combo video

:eek:

:eek:

Wouldn't be too worried about them, alot of these combos would be a seriously inefficient use of EX in a match. The concepts behind how they work is very useful to Guile play though.

For example, df HK ex FK is a great little punisher. mod shows loads of different uses for after the df hk in the video. It's a juggle move so besides heavy damage moves after it you can go for a reset.

Also, as I have begun learning recently, Guile can apply all kinds of corner pressure. start thinking about using the boom and how you follow it when your opponent is in the corner. Start experimenting with it and learn the diffferent ways different characters will try to escape. You can usually find a safe distance to boom from.

Then learn 5 or 6 different options to follow it up with, simple stuff like target combo, throw, sweep, j fk, cr fk etc. Make your oppoent guess in the corner. Mod shows loads of different mad combos in the corner there. Then learn some more complicated combos like j hk cr lp cr lp cr mp xx sonic boom cr hk to spice it up even more, or Guiles j lk cr lk cr lp cr mp sonic boom/ fk combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Wouldn't be too worried about them, alot of these combos would be a seriously inefficient use of EX in a match. The concepts behind how they work is very useful to Guile play though.

For example, df HK ex FK is a great little punisher. mod shows loads of different uses for after the df hk in the video. It's a juggle move so besides heavy damage moves after it you can go for a reset.

Also, as I have begun learning recently, Guile can apply all kinds of corner pressure. start thinking about using the boom and how you follow it when your opponent is in the corner. Start experimenting with it and learn the diffferent ways different characters will try to escape. You can usually find a safe distance to boom from.

Then learn 5 or 6 different options to follow it up with, simple stuff like target combo, throw, sweep, j fk, cr fk etc. Make your oppoent guess in the corner. Mod shows loads of different mad combos in the corner there. Then learn some more complicated combos like j hk cr lp cr lp cr mp xx sonic boom cr hk to spice it up even more, or Guiles j lk cr lk cr lp cr mp sonic boom/ fk combo.

I know the ones at the end will literally never be used unless Guile is showboating. It's the amount of damage Guile can do with meterless combos that impresses me. Even one ex-stock and you're talking about serious damage, which as Orim pointed out, does as much damage as Chun's U2. I'm not complaining, but I think that vids like this go to show how much more balanced this game is. Love that Guile!!

I know the ones at the end will literally never be used unless Guile is showboating. It's the amount of damage Guile can do with meterless combos that impresses me. Even one ex-stock and you're talking about serious damage, which as Orim pointed out, does as much damage as Chun's U2. I'm not complaining, but I think that vids like this go to show how much more balanced this game is. Love that Guile!!

Guile's meterless combos are hardly going to scare Ryu :)

His normals do beat out alot of stuff though, sometimes I can land about 3-4 f hp's in a round as a poke!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

RopeDrink wrote: »

3rd match with Kai's Fuerte is still epic.

Too bad he's dropping him, he was always fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

GorySnake wrote: »
    Too bad he's dropping him, he was always fun to watch.

Really? That's a real shame. His fuerte was great fun and did some crazy stuff.

Orim wrote: »
    Really? That's a real shame. His fuerte was great fun and did some crazy stuff.

There's a thread about it on the Fuerte boards, halfway through there's an oddly personal and offensive post made by him, but I havent read the rest of the thread so I dont know if it was aimed at anyoned in particular. At one point he says most players are dumb, yet he lost to some Ken at Evo who just DP'd every thing he did, if he was so smart he would have just baited them and yes I realise that is one single situation.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    In fairness, Kai has done nothing but proclaim absolute hatred for SF4 all the way through every game he's played.

I saw his episode of the Dogface Show, he seems like a nice guy, but I dont see the point in playing a game you despise when there's other games out there to play, SF4 isnt the only competitive fighting game out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There's a thread about it on the Fuerte boards, halfway through there's an oddly personal and offensive post made by him, but I havent read the rest of the thread so I dont know if it was aimed at anyoned in particular. At one point he says most players are dumb, yet he lost to some Ken at Evo who just DP'd every thing he did, if he was so smart he would have just baited them and yes I realise that is one single situation.

I saw his episode of the Dogface Show, he seems like a nice guy, but I dont see the point in playing a game you despise when there's other games out there to play, SF4 isnt the only competitive fighting game out there.

It kinda is though.
    Relatively speaking no one cares about the other games, it dominates the scene that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nice video. Been messing with Hazama lately, I can do his combos but don't know much about his actual gameplan XD

Love it when someone blocks 5B > 3C, then doing 214D~A into BnB :pac:

• Advertisement

It kinda is though.
    Relatively speaking no one cares about the other games, it dominates the scene that much.

Maybe in our scene, although BB interest is picking up, but in places like America and Japan there are plenty of games with strong, active communities.

Maybe in our scene, although BB interest is picking up, but in places like America and Japan there are plenty of games with strong, active communities.

Not really.

Very few games have a particularly strong scene. There's bits and pieces but nothing compared to SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

It kinda is though.

I disagree. It's just really evident here. Don't get me wrong, SF4 is a lot more popular but in other places there is big followings for Tekken and BB etc too

This one's for you, joe.

To sum it up, Makoto touches you; Hokuto No Ken music plays.
    You're already dead.

We all know that Guile goes 10-0 in all matches but ModInside has finally gone and proved it.

We all know that Guile goes 10-0 in all matches but ModInside has finally gone and proved it.

LOL I guess I can make a tiny tiny claim to partially inspiring this video, the Guiles of the world rose as one to point out our disappointment at the lack of shades in his last combo video. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »

Ban request

• Advertisement

LOL I guess I can make a tiny tiny claim to partially inspiring this video, the Guiles of the world rose as one to point out our disappointment at the lack of shades in his last combo video. :D
    MoD1ns1d3 has replied to your comment on Dem Shades.avi:

@BrianVonDoom, Dem Shades brother, Dem Shades.

:)

Advertisement