Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The slide needs to be spaced perfectly to safe from flash kick. Id say your better off just blocking and flash kick if its not safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Great CvS2 combo video. Because it's a bit long, I've identified a few key highlights:

3:58: Guile vs Haohmaru (double Sonic Hurricane)
    5:30: pretty much the entire Honda section
    8:00: throw tech reversal glitches
    12:24: Sakura maxing out the combometer and killing ratio 3 (17% more health than ratio 2) Iori
    15:19: Bison vs Rolento (again, 100% damage against R3, 100+ hits)
    18:36: Eagle reflecting Kyosuke's super fireball at point blank range - check out the damage
    20:12: Kyosuke's Final Symphony Remix is interrupted by Rugal's fireball, with interesting results
    20:42: Kyosuke's S-Groove-only infinite combo...
    21:18: ...but in C-Groove it's effectively an infinite as he kills R4 Zangief (21,840 health - for comparison, R2 Kyosuke has 13,600) just as he runs out of meter
    24:07: R1 (does only 80% of the damage of a R2 character) Rolento uses the throw tech reversal glitch to multiply his Steel Rain and perform a 100% combo on R4 Raiden (21,840 health)
    24:17: R2 Rolento vs R4 Rolento (100% damage, 100+ hits)
    26:19: Akuma's super fireball + throw tech + reversal = death
    29:05: Iori vs Ryu (Maiden Masher teleportation glitch)
    31:57: Ryo 100% damage combo against Rolento, with some glitchiness near the start
    32:22: this time it's the Haoh Shokoken's turn to get the throw tech reversal glitch treatment
    35:56: double Double Cyclone
    39:26: Vice vs Sagat (TK Rave Fest)
    40:12: Vice vs Rolento (100% damage, 100+ hits)
    41:55: Geese vs Iori (throw tech reversal glitched Reppuken to 100% damage CC)
    43:06: Rugal vs Chun-Li (where do I even begin?)
    43:59: full Just Defence and parrying
    47:09: Todo vs Sagat (100% damage, 100+ hits)
    47:43: Athena combos five throws against Dan
    50:15: Haohmaru combos four standing HPs against Rolento
    53:11: Final Symphony Remix weirdness
    57:10: lawl shin akuma r bork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rathcop

^^^ Nice vid d00d

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So when does the CvS2 revival start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So when does the CvS2 revival start?

Nooooooooooooooooow!

This battle is about to... explode!

Keep rockin' baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Pretty sure you can use KB on xbox to play RopeDrink? As far as preference goes it comes down to each person, there's no better format imo and whether pad stick or keyboard it's down to how good and comfortable you are on which

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ramza wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can use KB on xbox to play RopeDrink? As far as preference goes it comes down to each person, there's no better format imo and whether pad stick or keyboard it's down to how good and comfortable you are on which

Looking at how you play Boxer Ropedrink, I'd love to see you make the transition over to SSF4, either on PSN or XBL. I get the feeling that with practice, you'll be just as good on stick/pad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Looking at how you play Boxer Ropedrink, I'd love to see you make the transition over to SSF4, either on PSN or XBL. I get the feeling that with practice, you'll be just as good on stick/pad.

I'm pretty sure the transition to a claw style 6 button pad on his knee would work out for Ropey if he wanted it to.

*cough*HitBox*cough*

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *cough*HitBox*cough*

But who could construct such a device? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ramza wrote: »

no, you can't use keyboard for games, only for message sending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    no, you can't use keyboard for games, only for message sending
    PS3 can use keyboard for some games. I'm not sure if it can be used for all though.
    In the current competitive scene using a PS3 might be as bad as sticking with vanilla on PC though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Was replying to a post about xbox though. And yeah agreed, if you're gonna buy a console for SSF4, you'd be doing yourself a big disservice by not going for 360.

OTOH building a controller for PS3 is piss-easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Random sidenote, a friendly chap posted on my channel to tell me I was in LhianguSS (Forget the name) latest Funny & Cool Moments videos...
    6:40

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Hey! Hey! Remember when Hazama was Rachel tier?

Yeah, me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    Hey! Hey! Remember when Hazama was Rachel tier?

Yeah, me neither.

2 burst and 150 meter and a FC from 4 c thats never gonna happen in a game. also that doesn't mean the character is gonna be good lol.

chueytoo wrote: »
    thats never gonna happen in a game.
    I'm gonna practice it once CS2 comes out, and I swear I'm gonna land it on you in a tournament, just to prove you wrong. Spite is a powerful thing:D

Also, that's Haz's 6C, and it's only a normal counter, meaning every other part of that combo is not an FC combo, but is a normal combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    I'm gonna practice it once CS2 comes out, and I swear I'm gonna land it on you in a tournament, just to prove you wrong. Spite is a powerful thing:D

Also, that's Haz's 6C, and it's only a normal counter, meaning every other part of that combo is not an FC combo, but is a normal combo.

oh yeah 6c whoops, oh thought that was fc. but meh as long as you don't use it on me ^_^ most likely you would use you burst ages ago if you were fighting makoto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

So in CS2 the gold bursts add the combo damage, right? So that combo is doable without the 2 bursts, just with less damage? If this is the case, it would still do around 6-7k I imagine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here :P

Gold bursts cause proration on the hit after next (ie; first hit after gold = 65%, next is 110%). So in using 2 golds in a row, he skips the damage mitigation and increases his next 6C and his super's damage (I think).

The whole idea of this is to get more people to use bursts aggressively, along with the defensive primer adjustments. The idea is to get a more aggressive game overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

highlights:
    SFZ2A Ken Shinryuken to CC juggle at 0:34, SFA3 A-Charlie triple super at 0:45, SF3:2I Ibuki insanity at 1:04, PF Chun Li corner combo at 1:22, SFA2 Sagat fireball arrays at 3:25, SF3:2I Ryu double Shinkuu Hadoken interrupt at 4:00, SFA Rose post-KO superfreeze at 4:20, SMB Haggar insanity from 5:20, SF3:NG Yang juggle at 5:50, and SFA3 A-Ryu corner juggle at 5:35

Never thought I'd be watching Raoh get basketballed to death by a cutesy girl in pink boots but... there it is. :pac:

We've all heard how broken HnK is but holy hell that's just beyond insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

FutureGuy wrote: »

With all the DeeJay and Makoto love in limerick at the moment, here's a good one.

What happens when a trolling DeeJay kneeshot spammer mistimes a max out vs Makoto on full U2 :D

Confirmation from the video creator on this one if anyone's interested, the fireball was cancelled into Super before Mak's U2 Flash, it just doesn't look like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

This video was made acceptable by HEAD CHA-LA!

Advertisement