Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

8 bit trooper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Love those commentators.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I never get tired of seeing people air parry their way through Necro's lightening and changing direction as they pass over. ****ing nuts.
    And that final comeback!? Holy ********.

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Never even played ThirdStrike but can appreciate vids like that, very entertaining stuff, any more?

http://www.youtube.com/user/agtool

Here's the YouTube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Never even played ThirdStrike but can appreciate vids like that, very entertaining stuff, any more?

Would also like to see some top-skill play of Hugo, find him fun to watch for some reason despite typical hate of grapplers in general.
    Search for "Hayao" and "YSB", 2 of the best Hugos around.

Just had a sneaky browse. Hayao seems to do better (more laid back style) and YSB seems to lose a lot due to being really reckless and in your face.

Both fun to watch, though. What was Hugo, low/mid tier? I know Sean, Remy and probably 1-2 more where near the bottom so seeing a Hugo tear up Chun-Li, Ken and Urien was nice.
    http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Street_Fighter_3:_3rd_Strike#Tier-list
    That's him, ranked 5 points BELOW Q and level with Twelve.
    Joint 19th out of 21.

Everybody except Sean is a 2:8 or 3:7 matchup (with a few 4:6).

*edit*
    new Arcadia tier list does put him at B+, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Isnt that an old tier list?

If you scroll just a little bit further down theres one that says NEW Arcadia Tier List where he's above nearly half the cast.

Didnt see your edit. I'd go by the one that says NEW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Some of the move changes for Arcade Edition...Probably a better place for it.

The Chun-Li Ultra 1 fallout is strange - it was pretty specific to land wasn't it (i.e. only corner). Zangief teleport is funny though - Surprise SPD!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

WTF is that with the chun ultra ?????? cant believe it wasnt mentioned before, no wonder NEMOs moved on to yang. :confused:

Nerfs to ultras are usually welcome, but how did that slip through playtesting?

Some thoughts:
    I thought someone said that when Rose is hit on wakeup when she tries to throw out an Ultra she takes the hit, but the orbs stay? Could be something to do with Yang's palms fireball destroying ability I guess.

That SPD range is mad altogether! XD Yowza like.

Was that Chun dropping the Ultra a freak random occurence, or is it going to be a common thing I wonder? I'm pretty shocked it hadn't been mentioned before now.

I had sort of decided to give up on Makoto again and switch back to Vega, but god damn that Fukiage is sweet looking. This will require more thought.

Sairus wrote: »
    I thought someone said that when Rose is hit on wakeup when she tries to throw out an Ultra she takes the hit, but the orbs stay? Could be something to do with Yang's palms fireball destroying ability I guess.

Either its because she got KO'd or her orbs dont stay. Im hoping for the latter.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Either its because she got KO'd or her orbs dont stay. Im hoping for the latter.
    Ah yes, the KO was probably important too I guess :P
    I would assume the orbs dont stay. It seems a bit weird if they would.

Edit: Wait, never mind.
    At 2:15 she keeps the orbs when Guy hits her immediately after activation.
    At 5:08 she loses them when Blanka EX Balls her when they've been out for a bit.

Basically this'll mean she's still be pretty safe from being combod on wakeup, but she wont be bulletproof as she is now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    WTF is that with the chun ultra ?????? cant believe it wasnt mentioned before, no wonder NEMOs moved on to yang. :confused:

I really don't know wtf is up with some of the changes in AE. They just plain don't make sense to me. That said, I've not played it.

Yreval wrote: »
    Nerfs to ultras are usually welcome, but how did that slip through playtesting?

Yeah that's a worrying thing.

could happen only with ex legs juggle and only on some characters ?
    I doubt its a testing miss. She can do alot of damage without the ultra, its good for pressure purposes and connects fully on projectile abusers, will have to wait and see how it works on honda [blocked headbutt], although seems like hes pretty poor now.

Possibly only happens with Rose cus she's messed up like that (she could fall out of Sagat's ultra in the corner in Vanilla) and maybe only after EX Legs.

in any case, where ever applicable i would avoid the ultra. Considering her recover frames [little ballerina dance] open to a massive combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    playtesting

Hur hur hur :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That Chun ultra is clearly a hitbox glitch to do with Rose, she's had problems like that before with other characters' moves (blanka slide, sagat ultra).

May be a little risqué for the workplace, but it's all for science.

For all the folks who dislike Balrog, ye're in for a treat thanks to (Who was it, Tokido?) someone ranting about Balrog being the best in the game.

Jumping Fierce Punch having it's hitbox drastically reduced making it extremely hard to use, Headbutt nerf (Damage as well as making it even more punishable on whiff) despite it being one of if not the most easy to punish moves and easy to safejump to begin with (His wakeup was always weak so now headbutt as a lucklustre/situational escape becomes even less useful not to mention far-less damage with scaling off a nerfed headbutt) and various other things. Standing Jab will no longer hit certain crouching opponents regardless of their size (Sagat/Gief/Abel etc).

The only positive is the CloseStanding Strong can force-stand but it's proving to be merely a half-decent tool so far but like all things, it all needs proper testing.

General attitude towards the changes are a mix of 'tolerable' to flat out uncalled for.

I would be one of the people who hate the rog match alot but this sounds a bit ridiculous, is all of this confirmed?

On a less depressing note, LianghuBBB has released his new Funny & Cool moments video:

You're in it again Ropey, playing Honda. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Pay close attention to the start of round 2.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Apparantly that Chun Ultra 1 issue isn't a glitch with Rose. On the Chun Li forum on shoryuken they are reporting the same thing happens with Zangief. Against Akuma he falls out before the upside down spinning legs even hit him once, meaning he recovers well before Chun Li and can punish with her however he wants too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

get hype for mvc3

edit: Probably NSFW due to language

Advertisement