Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I love how even the crowd wanders away when Gootecks starts dancing XD
    I want that game. I really do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

It would be unbelievable if that was broken out for Day of Champions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    I want that game. I really do :(

It's a lot of fun :D

I'm surprised
    Gootecks
    won.

To be fair to them both though, that's not an easy song, especially not on your first go. Pokerface is the go-to tutorial song, any pre-release Kinect sampling I came across always had that as the default choice, unless you were hardcore and wanted to do something else.

Special mention has to go to Mike Ross for freestylin' the Fresh Prince "Jump on it" dance. Legendary!
    sagat06 wrote:
    It would be unbelievable if that was broken out for Day of Champions

That could be arranged, but it would have to be on at the Exchange. XGC wouldn't support the space requirement, the flailing limbs, or the fact I think we'd cave in the roof with our pro dance moves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

I saw the name of the band and thought "Ooh, could I have stumbled upon the Arno Corps of Street Fighter?".
    Then I watched the video.

Oh noel, where'd you get dat damage from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Oh Valkenhayn, weren't you nerfed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Y'know, when a game engine is that broken crazy that death combos exist... I generally feel like not learning anymore.

Provided, you know, if you have 100% meter, 2 bursts, and the execution to carry it through when they have no bursts, no blocks, and get their ass fatal countered.

As opposed to, you know, Karakuza to stun combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Y'know, when a game engine is that broken crazy that death combos exist... I generally feel like not learning anymore.

SF1, SF2, SF3, SF4, Marvel...The list goes of games that have death combos. The genre is full of games that have death combos, it just matters how hard, how situational or how fitting said death combos are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Voa wrote: »
    Provided, you know, if you have 100% meter, 2 bursts, and the execution to carry it through when they have no bursts, no blocks, and get their ass fatal countered.

As opposed to, you know, Karakuza to stun combos.

lol yeah man 100% stun karakusa combos are easy as hell :pac:

way to miss your own point

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    lol yeah man 100% stun karakusa combos are easy as hell :pac:

way to miss your own point

He's actually not if you think about it, he's saying it's hypocritical for a 3S fan to slag off BBCS2 for it's difficult 100% combos as they exist in both games.

Theory fighting, he does have a point, in order to do 100% there the Valk had to gold burst twice to increase the damage of the next hit of the combo over 100%. This means in a real live match the valk player would have to a) Lose a round but b) manage to not use burst even though he's losing.

So in a tournament, this is incredibly unlikely to ever happen, whereas I assume Makoto has some meter building stuff she could, hyper in theory, do her karakusa stun stuff without this constraint.

My issue with the combo system in BB is actually that you spend about half the round sitting in combos. Just isn't fun that part of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't think that's what Voa meant, but if he did then fair enough. The standard Makoto 100% stun combo is just a really hard combo is my point.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I don't think that's what Voa meant, but if he did then fair enough. The standard Makoto 100% stun combo is just a really hard combo is my point.

Well in that case lets blame Voa for his ambiguous sentences.

*Stares*

• Advertisement

Doom got it in one =3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Are people still bitching about ToD combos? How often do you see them? I've had them done to me about 4 or 5 times in my life in SF2, never in any other game. I've never seen a full 3s Makoto ToD in a real match, since it's somewhat hard/unpractical (since you need to save stocks) and specific with who it works on. Also AFAIK it's not true 100%

Also excuse me if I am wrong, but it does seem seem like Voa was downplaying the difficulty or remarking the simplicity and ease of karakusa to full stun combo (just by the post tone and the "as opposed to")

That being said and a little OT remark here ; comparing BB and SF is like, I don't know. Different people like different things, but people like to remark about how defensive SF is in comparison. Well I don't understand this because you really need to be defensive as well as offensive in any fighting game, so unless you know what you're doing you'll lose regardless

/rant

Ramza wrote: »
    Are people still bitching about ToD combos? How often do you see them? I've had them done to me about 4 or 5 times in my life in SF2, never in any other game. I've never seen a full 3s Makoto ToD in a real match, since it's somewhat hard/unpractical (since you need to save stocks) and specific with who it works on. Also AFAIK it's not true 100%

Also excuse me if I am wrong, but it does seem seem like Voa was downplaying the difficulty or remarking the simplicity and ease of karakusa to full stun combo (just by the post tone and the "as opposed to")

That being said and a little OT remark here ; comparing BB and SF is like, I don't know. Different people like different things, but people like to remark about how defensive SF is in comparison. Well I don't understand this because you really need to be defensive as well as offensive in any fighting game, so unless you know what you're doing you'll lose regardless

/rant

Voa just clearly stated this is not what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you all need to shut up and GTFO of this thread. Both the games in question are not as great as this

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

The MvC2 money match from WCW3 this past weekend.

I only watched the last couple of games... man, that second last game was hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Watch all them, Clockw0rk makes some ridiculous comebacks.

It was a great set, I had fun watching it with very little MvC2 knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ramza wrote: »
    I've never seen a full 3s Makoto ToD in a real match, since it's somewhat hard/unpractical (since you need to save stocks) and specific with who it works on. Also AFAIK it's not true 100%

Really? I've seen it more than once. Whether it was true 100% or just bloody close i can't recall.

• Advertisement

GorySnake wrote: »
    Watch all them, Clockw0rk makes some ridiculous comebacks.

It was a great set, I had fun watching it with very little MvC2 knowledge
    I reckon I will in the morning. I was just not up for over an hour of MvC2 at 0330. XD
    As you say though, I know nothing about MvC2 but still enjoyed the hell out of those matches. That Strider is ****ing mental.

Advertisement