Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

What are his weak points?

Only useful one I can see is low health :D

Mam I don't remember people moaning about V Sagat this much.

Low health, lowish (?) stun, sub-par wakeup game (only has an 8f reversal without meter, 4f with meter, but he can't FADC either of them, and his backdash gets caught by every OS under the sun).

That's about all I can think of really, he's a very strong character. That said I think Vanilla Sagat was miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

P much what Dreddy said :pac:

I prefer Yang myself lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

what dreddy said. if you stuff the divekick entrances they have to stop and think for a second
    also i prefer the yun matchup compared to the guile matchup because i like rushdown gameplay. guile matchups are slow, pokes everywhere and proper spacing and zoning. causes lots of frustration on my end

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Vanilla characters were better in general. Vanilla ryu would be God tier in AE & as for VSagat, thats another matter.

I dont think Yun or Yangs much better than Fei. Infact feis probably better. At least I can see Yun and Yang with bad match ups. The only reason why ppl are moaning is because or popularity. The people who want or are playing the twins are putting effort into it.

They're not braindead. Their dive kicks arent as scary as Rufus' or super Cammys. Their bread and butter isn't exactly easy. Some things are annoying, like the activity of palm. Ya just have to respect some of the s##t capcom gave them.

The only problem is at high level and the best players using them. Would like to see how the likes of Daigo would do vs a top Yun or Yang with Ryu... Ffs am I still typing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Look! A funny video!

Highlights include:
    9:44 - MvC Viewtiful Joe combo. Poetry in slow motion.
    14:17 - I'm convinced this is Ken's alternate GT. It's the only way he can get so much hatemail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Low health, lowish (?) stun, sub-par wakeup game (only has an 8f reversal without meter, 4f with meter, but he can't FADC either of them, and his backdash gets caught by every OS under the sun).

That's about all I can think of really, he's a very strong character. That said I think Vanilla Sagat was miles better.

Your missing the point. Two people were saying Guile in Super is way more annoying than Yun in AE. My point was, there's virtually no difference in the way Guile is played between Super and AE so if they found him annoying in Super I don't see why he's not in AE.

EDIT: you may not be missing my point as you weren't even answering my post about that, actually. Sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I personally think Guile is one of the most exciting characters ever to grace Street Fighter and consider it an honour and a privilege to fight against the all American Hero.

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    proper spacing and zoning. causes lots of frustration on my end

Jesus wept.

Yeah I was just replying to the part about what his weaknesses are, I think he's clearly stronger relative to the rest of the cast than Guile was in Super.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept.
    So?

So?

Quite frankly- why are you moaning about having to learn to zone and understand spacing when you are choosing to play a game which is all about spacing and zoning correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

So?

You're complaining about spacing and zoning in street fighter, that'd be like me complaining about combos and lolis in blazblue.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I think people might be getting pissed off with SF4 in general at this stage. Everyone should just play EX Plus Alpha or something.

... What!?

Hey!

I'm just saying...

cool.gif

Quite frankly- why are you moaning about having to learn to zone and understand spacing when you are choosing to play a game which is all about spacing and zoning correctly?
    Well i think i found why i can't play street fighter.
    im just gonna turn on blaz here
    EDIT: yeah the disc is unreadable yet its clean...i think theres a message behind all this. so yeah
    im just gonna sleep here

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

IT'S HAAAMMER!!

687uqp.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yun's stun is 1,000 by the way. Average stun level.

His LK dp is 5 frame. (can't hit low)
    MK DP is 6 frame (but only lower body invincible)
    HK DP is 8 frame and EX. is 5.

While they can't be fadc they are still hard to punish heavily (single hits are easy) because of the distance they travel (and break charge characters charge).

Outside his low health I considered Yun's wake up to be his weak link but I don't consider it that bad. You can meaty him with longe range low attacks safely. Its viable to safe jump off a throw when he has no meter, If you got a fast recovering low/high meaties you force a 50/50 on his wake up (up close) if he wants to reversal you.

He's the best in AE but he's no vanilla Sagat.

Can't say I think Rufus's dive kick is better than Yun's. Once you block it and are in their guessing game its very hard to get out with taking a big risk. Command throw makes a big difference.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Yun

According to this EX DP is 4 frames as I said.

Didn't know his stun was 1000, that's surprising.

All his dps are very easily to punish heavily imo (for non charge characters anyway) unless it's a HK one that whiffs from a crossup attempt or something - on block they land close to the opponent and you can punish with pretty much anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

When I saw that video on EventHubs with the title '800 damage without Geneijin' I prepared for the worst.
    The combo seems incredibly unpractical and Seth specific, so it's all good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah Ex is 4, that was a typo on my part. Realisticly any 4 frame reversal is too hard to safe jump even off a throw. (Except Ryu's safe jump set up off a sweep)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Level up stream live from Comic-con. Tekken tag tournament 2 is on at the minute.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive?

Sairus wrote: »
    This is how all inferno finals should be played

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I don't think he blocked a single special.

He blocked exactly one.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Evo getting bigger and better but I bet this is only US exclusive as alway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

VizardAnto wrote: »

Evo getting bigger and better but I bet this is only US exclusive as alway :pac:

Forget xgc, everyone get in home!

Advertisement