Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

As broken as a phoenix team is, In a bracket as big as evo was, not getting randomed out by some one is an achievement in itself.

I mean, he went the whole way in winners(until the reset). That's very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Found this vid, the title is "My own Daigo moment"

...err yeah.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Commenting and liking has been disabled for that video. I can't imagine why! :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Could be totally wrong, but I think Dan crashed cross counter's latest video at 2.12

Is this him? Pretty sure it is!

ybEbD.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Gwan Dan

Evo looked sick, would love to go next year =[

Gwan Dan

Evo looked sick, would love to go next year =[

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Gwan Me. Beast walking right there :D

Actually remember that interview. You'll probably see a load of cameos from me in random videos from my wanderings.

• Advertisement

My fave match ever, best Yun vs best Urien, gets better every time :)

Things to note :

- A real match of "whoever pins who first (generally) wins".

- How hard it is for Urien to deal with pressure let alone Yun/Genei Jin

- RX's clever use of forward tackle to knock K.O back into the corner. Also his consistency to double tackle Yun which is extremely difficult

- Yun's free taunt on Urien after cr.mp xx lk upkicks (:mad:)

- RX's amazing midscreen control

A good match with good shift of momentum

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What's up with the Geneijin shadows at the end of the fight? Graphical glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.1up.com/previews/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-1up-community-qa?pager.offset=2
    TopHaZZard: I understand that some glitches were left in intentionally to keep the game arcade perfect. Can he speak to which ones were removed and which ones were left in? Also explain the reasons behind those decisions?

DN: If you want detailed specifics ones that are in the game that are bugs that have been preserved are: Urien's unblockables, Oro's unblockables, Akuma (or Gouki's) forward mid punch is unthrowable, Q's animation between crouching and standing is unthrowable -- it was never intended to be but it mysteriously just is.

MS: You can stand up and crouch repeatedly and you can't be thrown?

DN: Not precisely. So it's his animation between crouching and standing up. So if someone goes to throw you and you're transitioning between crouching and standing, when that happens -- in specifically the rising part of it -- then the throw will miss you. He's counted as in the air or something. It was fixed in future home versions, but it's been unfixed in this version.

Some bugs that happened in the original version that don't happen in this version are more ones that are in the game breaking category. So there's the Ken versus Makoto game crash that I mentioned earlier. There's the Remy versus Urien freeze bug - that doesn't happen anymore. There's also some more esoteric stuff like for example Yang's Seiei Enbu -- his Super Art where the shadows follow him -- in the arcade version certain supers would shut that super off if they got activated while it was turned on. He would just mysteriously loose his shadows. And in our version he doesn't just loose his shadows out of nowhere when someone activates one of those supers. It's a lot of detail unfortunately, but those are some of the specifics.

MS: In looking closer at those bugs did you ever discover why those shadows disappear?

DN: The guys from Iron Galaxy basically found that everything for every character had been implemented in a totally different way. It's kind of traditional with a lot of these fighting games where they have been built up from previous versions. It's kind of layers of code on layers of code and sometimes they do strange things. Where a band-aid that you put on something way back in the first generation of this game comes off, and causes something really unexpected to happen down the line. It's just a case of a lot of things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

What's up with the Geneijin shadows at the end of the fight? Graphical glitch?

I reckon the shadows display on alternating frames, so half the time they're not visible on a 30fps video.

Red350 wrote: »
    I reckon the shadows display on alternating frames, so half the time they're not visible on a 30fps video.

Not really, isnt it a constant trail of shadows ? Besides, give then length of the active super, it would have showed at least some.
    I think you can see the same effect/glitch in the latest high quality video on eventhubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think Red's right, that happens on a lot of 3s videos and I think it's FPS related.

@ Farz if they show on each alternate frame, then you'd have a 50% chance of either seeing the shadows all the way through the super or not see them at all on each activation I think

Placebo wrote: »
    Not really, isnt it a constant trail of shadows ? Besides, give then length of the active super, it would have showed at least some.
    I think you can see the same effect/glitch in the latest high quality video on eventhubs.

Something running at 30 fps would appear solid, and if it was in an on-off pattern, no, the length of time wouldn't matter, as alternating frames would have been captured.

i'm aware of how it could be FPS related, however i've only really seen it on say parrys, where it would not show the blue glow.
    My question is that his super is not an on/off frame animation? is it not a constant trail of different blue hues?

Placebo wrote: »
    My question is that his super is not an on/off frame animation? is it not a constant trail of different blue hues?

30 fps would be seen constant, not flickering, to the human eye.

I'm not saying you're wrong though, kiki's quote looked pretty convincing.

Kiki's quote has nothing to do with genei jin.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Kiki's quote has nothing to do with genei jin.

Oh, I thought it had a different name or something, especially as it's described as "the super with the shadows".

Admittedly I know so little about 3S I might be totally lost :)

Genei jin is Yun's one, Seiei Enbu is Yang's - I think Kiki just misread the quote, otherwise I don't understand why he bolded that part.

It's a video thing, trust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

^ Since he's Japanese, he probably knew he could hit-confirm that anyway.

There was nothing to confirm, he just punished a whiff move

Re shadows:

Youtube limits vids to 30fps, It deletes every second frame on 60 fps vids when uploaded.

• Advertisement

Remember staying up to all hours on Tougeki stream watching this years ago, absolutely sick. Tackle Maeda OCVs team america, highlight is the "Maeda Jin" performed on Pyrolee at 3:50 - 3:51, a varation of the Keeper Jin

Top notch 3s

Advertisement