Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Decreasing Circles:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sunday:
    Up at 5 bells and into town for WMM work. Got handed the kids when I got back as the OH was heading to a school reunion down the country. Managed to squeeze in 5 on the treadie while the kids weren't looking.

Monday:
    Back to Back WMM, no run but plenty of fun.

Tuesday:
    Spent the morning on Blainroe beach, had planned to run home but was quite hot and hungry. Popped out from the house later via Broadlough and the Murrough - 6.3 easy miles.

Wednesday:
    AM: Had to collect something from the Parcel Motel in Kilmac, so got out of the scratcher early and joined Abhainn on his bikemute. Went as far as Kilcroney hitting an average 31km/h on the out section. Stopped, collected my parcel and headed for home. Managed to get to 33.3 km/h average heading through Rathnew, but then I had to navigate some traffic and the mile of death back to my house. Tried to keep it above 33, but slipped to 32.8km/h for the 53k.
    PM: Easy trot from the house via Miltown and Rathnew - 5.4 miles easy.

Starting to get itchy feet now, will sit down over the new few days and put together an 8 week block that will take me up to my hols.
    There'll be a few sessions in there, there'll be races in there, there'll even be races used as sessions and even some pacing duty.

You could really get used to this weather, it's just such a pleasure to get out and run.
    Wrapped up work, got the gear on and headed out on my 1hr steady loop.
    Eased into it with a couple of 7:20's, followed by 5 at just under 7min pace, before easing off for the run back to the house.
    Had a nice sweat on by the time I got back.
    Total 8.26 miles @ 7:07 pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Red top, blue cap (and red face)?

Red top - Y
    blue cap - N
    (and red face) - Y

Stayed on the Rathnew side of Wicklow, presume you were down paddling, jumping off the pier and playing with Rubber Ducks Flotation Devices

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Red top - Y
    blue cap - N
    (and red face) - Y

Stayed on the Rathnew side of Wicklow, presume you were down paddling, jumping off the pier and playing with Rubber Ducks Flotation Devices

The vivid red top (and even vivider red face;)) might have blinded me on the cap colour. I drove by you just before the harbour turn, where I was going for some proper training (yup, playing rubber duckies with Joe and a few others). You were going at a decent clip all right, and may I say I was highly impressed by your running form, most impressive.

• Advertisement

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    The vivid red top (and even vivider red face;)) might have blinded me on the cap colour. I drove by you just before the harbour turn, where I was going for some proper training (yup, playing rubber duckies with Joe and a few others). You were going at a decent clip all right, and may I say I was highly impressed by your running form, most impressive.

Probably me so, left hand side heading towards Wicklow c. 7pm.
    Was just about to turn and cross to the other side and head back up the hill.

Friday, no run, started coming down with a viral Thurs evening.
    A lot going on in work so no rest for the wicked on Friday, worked from home and just about held it together, but early evening I was cabbage and fell asleep on the sofa before the Ireland game.
    Woke feeling a little better this morning but canned my planned track session in favor for a gentle run around the block - 5.4miles @ 7:43 pace.
    Beer 1/2 mile trial in the avo: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84980180&postcount=159

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hope you're feeling better!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

257554.jpg

Beer or Nitros Oxide?! Beepbeep!

257554.jpg

Beer or Nitros Oxide?! Beepbeep!

I think there's a bit of the fast and the furious turbo charge after the last burp, but unfortunately it's short lived!

• Advertisement

Busy day today, between beach parties, birthday parties and the OH coming down with what I had on Friday, I just about managed a run today.
    Over to Brittas early doors to meet the outlaws, but had to have Luke back before 1 to get to a birthday party. Abi stayed with the outlaws while I made my way back with Luke.
    Already the traffic was manic when I was leaving so there was no hope of a parking spot on the return, with North Dublin and Eastern Europe relocating for the day with scenes not too dissimilar to a Kurdistan refugee camp!
    Home for a hang sanger and a cup of tea and I decided to run back to Brittas, the coast road was a non runner if I valued my life as various personnel carriers made their way through unfamiliar terrain (no building greater than 3 stories). So I headed for the hills, it was hot and hilly and I took my time, was glad to spot an outdoor tap on route and took a chance and filled my gills and hat.
    With about a mile to go was like a scene from the Apocalypse, as vehicles, people and animals merged, fighting for parking and walking space, as locals kindly opened their fields and gardens for parking (at a fiver a pop). I gingerly made my way through the maddening crowds (I'm sure the Major Marathon starts are less congested) and to my finish at the sand dunes.
    9 hilly, hot miles @ 7:33 pace.

In other news just necked 2 bottles of Coors using 2 different techniques.
    Split 1: 38 secs
    Split 2: 15 secs (was nearly more elated than my sub 3) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

That's savage going with the 2nd bottle!

Peckham wrote: »
    That's savage going with the 2nd bottle!

I'll wait until tomorrow night to decide if it's a fluke or not, need to buy another 6 pack for the race <sigh>

Nothing much to report.
    Mon: Bit of a 1hr slog, tummy wasn't well, had to stop for a pikey.
    Tues: 10k on the treadie after a long day.
    Weds: Double bikemute, 35k each way, 29 km/h this morning, 28 km/h this evening.
    Need to get back in the groove.

Purple top, black shorts?

:D
    Purple top, black shorts?

Sweating like a catholic priest interviewing alter boys?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    :D

Sweating like a catholic priest interviewing alter boys?

Well, you were sweating (and passing a school at the same time). Funny, right before I saw you I was driving by all those nice new bike paths and thinking that anyone living in Wicklow town has it made, some really great routes all about the area, and the best OW swimming spot on the East coast.

Well, you were sweating (and passing a school at the same time). Funny, right before I saw you I was driving by all those nice new bike paths and thinking that anyone living in Wicklow town has it made, some really great routes all about the area, and the best OW swimming spot on the East coast.

If only it was flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Well, you were sweating (and passing a school at the same time).
    Ok you guys, you do know there are other people looking in on this conversation!! :P

Sat AM: Woke early enough, cup of coffee and hit the bike to collect the car, hit Cabinteely at 36k, so tagged on bit to get it up to 40k, av 30.8 km/h.
    Sat PM: 5 mile treadie at recovery pace
    Sun AM: Nice trot out via Blainroe and back via the golf courses, 12.07 @ 7:18 pace.

Running Totals
    WTD: 36.6 [58.9]
    MTD: 90.8 [146.1]
    YTD: 1323.3 [2129.3]
    Races YTD: 10 [5 x Master's PB's]

Cycling Totals
    WTD: 110k
    MTD: 163k
    YTD: 441k

Need a bit of structure, minimum next week 50 miles running, 80k bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Happy Father's Day Dom!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sorry dom ,,they put in ray darcy instead of u;)....http://kildare.tv/run-kildare-2013/

ultraman1 wrote: »
    sorry dom ,,they put in ray darcy instead of u;)....http://kildare.tv/run-kildare-2013/

Does he even run bro :P

Quick catch up:

Mon: Steady trot around the block, with a few hills thrown in, 6.25 @ 7:07 - love, love, lovin' the weather!
    Tues: Run 1 30 odd mins in the morning sunshine, Run 2 30 odd mins in the evening sunshine, Run 3 late draft to run the 800mts as part of the Bray 'D' team, but it meant 5 additional kids getting a run out - 2:27.7 for a tick in the box, probably 3-4 secs there on fresh legs, spikes and a warm up, maybe another 3-4 off some speedwork, but at least now I don't need to go looking for an 800 race. Total 9.38 @ 7:15
    Weds: AM: 4 miles easy PM 2 mile pacer for the F4L, bit of an undulating down, u turn and back up course so difficult to pace. But planned a faster 1st mile as it's more down than up 5:48. 2nd kept it handy and rallied the troops to come home in 11:52. Total 7 @ 7:21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

A 2 mile pacer?! :eek:

blockic wrote: »
    A 2 mile pacer?! :eek:

Not quite the Diamond League :pac:

Pppppffffftttttt!
    Wrecked.com
    Thought it would be a good idea to knock out my 'long run' this evening ahead of a busy weekend, but wasn't really thinking about nutrition or hydration and just headed out the door as soon as I finished work.
    Nice run all the same, down Marlton, out to the golf course, down past the harbours and then out the Murrough to Killoughter - half way.
    Across the tracks and on towards the old N11 and back through Ashford. Was feeling tired at this stage, in need of a drink, but kept the splits pretty even, though faded mentally up the last few climbs.
    :o longest run since Kildare :o - might kick start me back into action!
    13.71 @ 7:29 pace

Nice early bike with Abhainn, out of the scratcher just before 6:30, shovelled 2 slices of toast and a mug of tea into me and before I knew it I was hurtling down the road towards our rendezvous point.
    Cooler than off late and a stiff breeze to contend with as we made our way up to Roundwood, you could smell therain in the air as we turned off at Laragh, but thankfully it just about held off. Nice undulating spin into Rathdrum before heading out towards Avoca and Arklow Main St.
    The wind which had been mainly against us changed now and we made back some time on the N11, although it was never quite a tail wind.
    Left JC in Rathnew as he needed to get another hour in and I was happy out with my 89.2k @ 28.7 km/h with 1,213 elevation gain

PM: After being dragged around IKEA and losing a part of my life that I'll never get back, I felt the need to stretch the legs and the head.
    A gentle lap of the river loop followed and balance is restored; 4 miles @ 7:42 pace.

• Advertisement

This was going to be my 1st 50 mile + week since Kildare so I made this a run just for me. Stuck on an old pair of kicks and headed for one of my favourite places to run and luckily for me it's just up the road. In less than 10mins I'm parked at the GAA grounds in Glenealy and ready for a lap of Carrick.
    Enjoyment and easy running was the order of the day, an opportunity to lift the head and take in the surroundings. I changed my watch settings to show, Time - AvHR - HR, the plan was to keep MaxHR below 150 and AvHR @ 140.
    Fantastic little run, difficult to keep the HR down on some of the climbs as a little beep would alert me soon after any climb, but it does force you to slow down, maybe a good way to run a hilly ultra? Lots of lumps and bumps on this one right until the end and I had the place mostly to myself apart from a few MTB'rs I met at about 4 miles.
    I really need to spend more time up here, it does the soul good, not quite a full lap there is a little bit I missed looking at the map, but even still there's about 10 miles in there where you don't run the same trail twice.
    If the Gov ever decide to sell off Carrick I'll be chaining myself to a tree.
    Finished off with a few strides on the equally immaculate surface of the GAA pitch.
    12 M @ 7:49 pace; AvHR 141

Good base week with 9hr40 training, with 6h31 running.

Running Totals
    WTD: 52.3 [84.2]
    MTD: 143.1 [230.3]
    YTD: 1375.7 [2213.5]
    Races YTD: 12 [5 x Master's PB's]

Cycling Totals
    WTD: 89k
    MTD: 252k
    YTD: 530k

Advertisement