Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puffins at carnsore point?

• 11-07-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭

My friend and i were going to go to the saltees to photograph puffins this weekend but weather is crap so unlikely we will get to go i have heard though that there maybe some at carnsore point if anyone who has seen any would let me know i would very grateful :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have seen these on the Skelligs when I worked with the CIL, awesome birds, I believe that they can only take off from a ledge or crest of a wave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

i saw them for the first time a few weeks ago at blackrock, out from achill. Theres a colony there but more than likely they'l be heading out to sea soon. Im pretty sure i saw a few of them taking off from the water and it was pretty calm. They look very awkward when they fly. Cool looking birds tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Thanks for the reply guys looks we will have to wait till next year to see them i would say they have left to go to sea the saltees seems to the closest for us to see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

A few Puffins were breeding on Ireland's Eye - off Howth - within last 10/15 years ...not sure if still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Thanks jmkennedy will definetley look into it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement