Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism Against Irish Workers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

I would have though the 'P.C brigade' would be against this?

What he said was very politically incorrect so yeah....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw that, lazy "micks" deserve what they get (or don't get) if you turn up for work late, bladdered or otherwise arse about face you can't complain. Dem foreign fellows do work hard when they work.

Is that what you wanted? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Is it racism to old certain views on your own race?

Riskymove wrote: »

Was wondering the exact same thing. Think this thread is a very poor attempt to spark some edgy race debate.

Lest anyone think I'm in the 'pc brigate', might I say how sorry I am for the poor persecuted binmen of Tipp. Is there anything we can do like a collection for them...though sure maybe they'd just drink it...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Lets see the P.C Brigates Reaction to this story, i doubt there will be much reaction as its Irish people affected, would be a diffrent story if it were non nationals.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0710/1224250387532.html

yes what he said is disgrace and he's trying to drive down standards of all,
    its an industrial dispute more then racism.

how about you give your opinion rather then just going blaa pc brigade blaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Mr Sheehan seems like a man of no entrepreneurial sense who rode the celtic tiger until it died and now realises he can't run a business. Who cares what he says
    49% wage cuts: hilarious :D

Shane_C wrote: »
    Mr Sheehan seems like a man of no entrepreneurial sense who rode the celtic tiger until it died and now realises he can't run a business.

Paying a binman €650 a week!!

That is completely and utterly nuts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

What a gombeen. I doubt he cares much for his foreign employees either, just uses them for their cheap labour.

Boycott.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭SeanW

PaulieD wrote: »
    What a gombeen. I doubt he cares much for his foreign employees either, just uses them for their cheap labour.

Boycott.
    That's what they all do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Lets see the P.C Brigates Reaction to this story, i doubt there will be much reaction as its Irish people affected, would be a diffrent story if it were non nationals.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0710/1224250387532.html
    Yes, that's how the "PC" brigate (sic) operates. It (the PC brigate apparently) is not concerned with injustices against just anyone, only "non nationals" and it is especially lacking in concern about Irish people... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, the guy is a dumb-ass and completely racially discriminatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No personal view included as required by the charter, which I assume SouthKerry didn't read.

Clock started, if there's an charter-required opinion inserted in the next few hours I may not lock this, if there isn't I certainly will.

There's too much of this lazy news-linking-but-no-opinion posting again lately to start threads, I'm probably just going to lock all such half-assed attempts after today without an extra chance to comply with the forum charter.

Dudess wrote: »
    Anyhoo, the guy is a dumb-ass and completely racially discriminatory.

Dumb ass, yes, racist, I am not so sure. If the roles where reversed, and the Irish employees where cheaper, he would be slating the foreign nationals. Gombeens like this are interested in one thing, lining their own pockets. Cheap labour helps achieve that target.

As I said, boycott.

SeanW wrote: »
    That's what they all do.

Maybe so, but not to the same extent. "Mr Binman" is playing the Irish employees against his foreign national employees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Any movement, in this case the Irish workers, that use a 10 year old child to hold a poster "Mr Binman, let my mammy work" lose my respect immediately.

Sensationalism. The first port of call for any left wing movement.

i'd take it over 'irish jobs for irish workers' anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Is it just me or does it seem like he's trying to get Free publicity?

yeah....if he wants negative publicity that is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

yeah....if he wants negative publicity that is :P

No such thing as bad publicity and all that :)

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seem like he's trying to get Free publicity?

If p*ssing of the locals is his idea of good publicity, Mr Binmans business will end up on the scrap heap. Any rival companies should jump on this.

Boycott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Riskymove wrote: »

derogatory comments about anyone on the basis of race is racism, regardless of one's own race.

Hiring someone on the basis of rase is discrimination regardless of one's own race.

i'd take it over 'irish jobs for irish workers' anyday.

Why is that Mr Devereaux? Irish jobs for foreign workers? Two sides of a coin, both discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sceptre wrote: »
    No personal view included as required by the charter, which I assume SouthKerry didn't read.

Clock started, if there's an charter-required opinion inserted in the next few hours I may not lock this, if there isn't I certainly will.

There's too much of this lazy news-linking-but-no-opinion posting again lately to start threads, I'm probably just going to lock all such half-assed attempts after today without an extra chance to comply with the forum charter.
    Closed per the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement