Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Brava keeps cutting out

Options
  • 11-07-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I have a 99D Fiat Brava 1.2 with 60k on the clock. For the last few weeks it has started cutting out randomly, could be as I stop at traffic lights or even when I'm driving full speed on the motorway or whatever. Engine just stops! pretty dangerous cos the power steering goes so dont have much control. It went going around the Artane roundabout the other day and I nearly creamed someone! I've tried googling this and there seems to be a lot of ppl with the problem but noone seems to know what it is! I cant afford to bring it to a garage for them to test it so I'd prefer to go in knowing what it is.

Any other Brava owners have this problem??
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

I had a diffirent car but a similar problem, was the crank sensor, cost about e120 to replace and took 15 minutes.. hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Get it sorted before you kill yourself or someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

Go to www.fiatforum.com and go to Brava section and search for the problem.

Very useful site.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

What is it like to start after it cuts out, easy or hard, i had one years ago which had a faulty fuel cut off switch, as far as i remember its under the passengers side front seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alipackers

beam99 wrote: »
    What is it like to start after it cuts out, easy or hard, i had one years ago which had a faulty fuel cut off switch, as far as i remember its under the passengers side front seat.
    Its grand starting back up. It just basically cuts out and I just turn the key and its back again! no stuttering to start up or anything

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice by the way, I'll try these things!
    Keep it coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

has it got worse over time?

sounds like a cranckshaft sensor. get it fixed soon to prevent gunk build up.

bmm wrote: »
    has it got worse over time?

sounds like a cranckshaft sensor. get it fixed soon to prevent gunk build up.
    Yea its been gradually getting worse. cuts out quite regularly now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Does it stop under high or low revs or is it just random when it happens?

Its just completely random, No real signs that its gonna happen. Sometimes I get a sudden loss of power as though its about to cut out but than it surges back again. Other times it just cuts out. a red light come on too. It looks like a spark plug with a spark coming out the top of it. I think its the fuel injector light

• Advertisement
Advertisement