Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent agreed vs advertised

Options
  • 11-07-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm coming to the end of a lease soon and I've been looking on daft for latest prices. The advertised rates don't seem to have dropped too much since last time I was looking, about 6 months ago. I suspect that they are VERY negotiable though!
    Just wondering has anyone rented recently and if so were they able to negotiate much on the price advertised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

I was able to negotiate a lovely double room with own bathroom from €800 down to €650 - good value around at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TT Bone

Thats pretty impressive, just what I wanted to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

What is the best way to establish 'street' prices? The advertised rates don't seem to have shifted as much as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

There's no absolute way. But I think you can definitely knock 10% off advertised rates at a start, maybe more. As ever, individual properties will vary, not everything comes on at an unrealistic price. If there multiple comparable properties in an area then something has to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

I was able to negotiate a lovely double room with own bathroom from €800 down to €650 - good value around at the moment

Do you mean you just got one room and a bathroom for 650?
    Sharing a house?

• Advertisement
Advertisement