Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES VS Fifa

Options
  • 11-07-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

2z5ueci.jpg

This is shaping up to be the best PES game EVER.
    The journalist can’t stop playing, always asking for “one last game, one last game.” Would play until his fingers bled!
    - Defender can do bicycle kick in defense
    - New move, in french “aile de pigeon” (click here for pic)
    - New chest control with orientation
    - Ball physics = simply perfection !
    - Photo- realistic faces (the journalist thought the Messi and Torres pics were photoshoped… only to see its like that in-game)
    - With all managerial settings you can be Mourinho, cards systems etc..

What will be done in the last 40% of development?

- New visual filter not added yet, for more realism of shadows, lights, colors etc.. but it’s already great
    - New commentators (for French) official chants, better public reactions, balls impact
    - A lot of new animations and better transitions and stars personal moves.
    - New AI for goalkeeper, position, reflex for referee too.
    - Tactics on freekick
    - PK system not yet finish on the 60% version, better analogic control and effect on the ball

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Yeah, for years Pro Evo had the most realistic, and by far the better gameplay. FIFA had all the graphical bells and whistles.

Oh my, how times have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

PES always had better player face models than Fifa...always. Boots were always better in PES, these little things made the game the best.

So what way is FIFA better than Pro Evo?

1.Commentary
    2.Passing(in some ways, although I had the way the ball moves way too slow)
    3.Penalties
    4.Goalkeeper animations
    5.Shooting animation-like the way you can put the ball in the bottom right hand corner, you can't really do this in PES which is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Why not compare Fifa10 Screenshots to PES10 screenshots? :confused:

PES09 Messi...
    Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2009-kickt-mit-Messi-2.jpg

If the screen capture you provided of FIFA09 wasn't celebrating a goal I'd imagine they'd look pretty similar...

PES has always had the majority of player likenesses better than FIFA but when it comes to the big names they're pretty similar. If you're gonna use it in an argument at least use like for like, otherwise you're comparing apple to oranges (or is that lemons... :D ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

a part of me admires your sheer determination behind PES, the other part pitys your unwillingness to change.

lets look at it this way. this was just the PES forum, now FIFA has practically taken it over as its own.

I dearly hope PES 2010 shows some improvement, if it tries hard this year, ill buy it even if its second again overall. Heres another way at looking at it, last years game was the first PES I didnt buy since PES2.

does PES have a new engine this year? pes 09 felt like a worse version of PES6.

i will agree with your main argument though, fifa's likeness isnt as good and sometimes the players look down right weird in the goal celebrations. However, its a very small part of the much bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This fellow? Again? :rolleyes:

Mate how about, just to be different, you don't get sucked into the marketing / PR nonsense and wait to pass judgement until both games are released?

I mean seriously, are you so determined to push your agenda that you simply MUST post and create different threads comparing stuff that isnt even out yet?

Sheesh....

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

PES has been terrible on the next gen consoles with the exception of the first one, but fifa have stepped up their game over the last few releases and fifa 09 is the best football game i've ever played. fluid game play not like the way it used to be. last years pes was the worst game ive played in a while, very disappointed. they need a big step up this year

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Let me put this to bed. It's no coincidence that the time the reviews started to look favourably upon FIFA was around the time Peter Moore was contracted by Electronic Arts to head their sports department, and he's a great PR/businessman. The major change caused by the next generation of consoles was the shift in importance from offline multiplayer to online multiplayer. FIFA's online component has been far superior to PES's, and players voted with their feet and started playing FIFA. They did not play it because it was a great game (no debate, the gameplay in PES has more depth than FIFA), they played it because it offered a very good online service that Konami didn't offer for PES 2008.

Players justified their decision to play FIFA after the fact, not before, which is why so many players fervently say that FIFA is a better game and PES has become inferior (The core gameplay of the series hasn't changed since PES1, and has been tweaked and improved upon in all the iterations since).

It's the online component of FIFA that has drawn players away from PES. A member here brings up that this forum has been taken over by FIFA players. Yes, because the people here are organizing online leagues, which have a lot of interest, but how many are actually organizing offline tournaments? None?

Once PES has a superior online component, the players once drawn away from the series will flock to it, and funnily enough, they'll say that the gameplay has changed to justify their decision when I guarantee that the core of the gameplay won't change. It's just magazines and players reviewing shadows for their self-serving arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

/care

Gameplay trumps all. Loaded up Sensible World of Soccer on my XBox last night. Great times...Did have to go with the enhanced graphics I will admit because when it's on a TV rather than a small laptop screen it made my eyes bleed (but that's the ONLY time the graphics were important).

PES6 was the best PES game because it played the best. Likewise I feel the same about RTWC '98. And remember the days of indoor soccer in FIFA...Back when the 'fun factor' was the important thing rather than "look, you can see the player squint and clench his jaw when he's about to shoot!"

🤪

• Advertisement

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Let me put this to bed. It's no coincidence that the time the reviews started to look favourably upon FIFA was around the time Peter Moore was contracted by Electronic Arts to head their sports department, and he's a great PR/businessman. The major change caused by the next generation of consoles was the shift in importance from offline multiplayer to online multiplayer. FIFA's online component has been far superior to PES's, and players voted with their feet and started playing FIFA. They did not play it because it was a great game (no debate, the gameplay in PES has more depth than FIFA), they played it because it offered a very good online service that Konami didn't offer for PES 2008.

Players justified their decision to play FIFA after the fact, not before, which is why so many players fervently say that FIFA is a better game and PES has become inferior (The core gameplay of the series hasn't changed since PES1, and has been tweaked and improved upon in all the iterations since).

It's the online component of FIFA that has drawn players away from PES. A member here brings up that this forum has been taken over by FIFA players. Yes, because the people here are organizing online leagues, which have a lot of interest, but how many are actually organizing offline tournaments? None?

Once PES has a superior online component, the players once drawn away from the series will flock to it, and funnily enough, they'll say that the gameplay has changed to justify their decision when I guarantee that the core of the gameplay won't change. It's just magazines and players reviewing shadows for their self-serving arguments.

just don't agree with this, offline fifa is also better than offline PES imo. PES needs to change to catch up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

have to say am a fan of both titles,both have pros and cons but the online play in fifa clinches it for me.:)

It's the online component of FIFA that has drawn players away from PES. .

No, it isn't. Repeating a falsehood ten times doesn't make it true.

The online is kind of screwed on PES. Thats a shame. But it wouldn't matter. Its not THE reason for the switch that so many pes fanboys like to toll out.

Offline this, or online that....its all nonsense. People who spout about "the offline is better in PES , but the online is better in fifa" are just fanboys in denial. PES 6 was brilliant. Everything after that has been garbage.

People switched because the game was better. The graphics are better, the passing is better, the shooting is better, the physics are better, the commentary is better, the tackling is better, and it actually looks and plays like real football. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean that opinions cant be wrong. It is your right to say that Rushden and Diamonds are the best team in the world. It may be your opinion, but its still wrong as The vast majority will disagree with you.

Kirby wrote: »
    No, it isn't. Repeating a falsehood ten times doesn't make it true.
    The last PES game to have a functioning online mode was PES6 and consequently, that is the game you regard as the last great game in the PES series. You're just proving my argument, perfectly. Read:
    Then:
    Kirby wrote:
    People switched because the game was better. The graphics are better, the passing is better, the shooting is better, the physics are better, the commentary is better, the tackling is better, and it actually looks and plays like real football. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean that opinions cant be wrong. It is your right to say that Rushden and Diamonds are the best team in the world. It may be your opinion, but its still wrong as The vast majority will disagree with you.

Nothing is wrong because the vast majority of people disagree with it.

The last PES game to have a functioning online mode was PES6 and consequently, that is the game you regard as the last great game in the PES series. You're just proving my argument, perfectly. .

PES 6 was ps2 game. The 360 version was inferior. ps2 doesnt have online.
    Nothing is wrong because the vast majority of people disagree with it.

:rolleyes: The fact that you think "the majority" agree with you means you are averse to logic. No point in discussing this further.

PES 6 was ps2 game. The 360 version was inferior. ps2 doesnt have online.
    The Playstation 2 version did have an online mode. And you're still proving my point.
    :rolleyes: The fact that you think "the majority" agree with you means you are averse to logic. No point in discussing this further.
    I didn't say that "the majority" agreed with me, and I didn't bring up the un-sourced and unnamed opinions of the "the majority"; you did to imply that because the vast majority of people disagree with me, I'm wrong, which is false. An opinion is tested to be either correct or incorrect on the basis that it either makes sense or doesn't, or does follow logical inferences from facts or doesn't, not on whether the "vast majority" will agree or disagree with it.

The Playstation 2 version did have an online mode. And you're still proving my point.

Mario kart on the gamecube also has an online mode. 99.9% of people couldn't use it. the ps2 and GameCube were not online consoles. You are just making yourself look small by being pedantic.

If you can find more than 2 people on boards who played pes6 online with a ps2 you can have a cookie.

ok me :)

Perhaps I should have said "Two reliable people not trying to push an agenda". Consider my last post amended :D

Mario kart on the gamecube also has an online mode. 99.9% of people couldn't use it. the ps2 and GameCube were not online consoles. You are just making yourself look small by being pedantic.

If you can find more than 2 people on boards who played pes6 online with a ps2 you can have a cookie.

Well here's one. :pac:

PES6 PS2 was possibly the best online mode of any PES for network code. PES5 was online as well on the PS2, as far as I remember it had lobbies and the much missed 2v2 option as well.

Anyway, the general consensus is unfortunately pretty much spot on at the moment, PES09 was a pretty big let down, Fifa has actually overtaken in gameplay which is a shame as it was never as involving as PES and still isn't really, but unfortunately PES is just too flawed to be as enjoyable as it once was.

If Fifa manage to make the player responsiveness that little bit better and also make the game more spontaneous and less pre-thought for success, it could actually match PES in it's prime for gripping football and "one more game" type of gameplay.

If PES can fix the outdated animations, robotic nature and make the game seem fresh again then they have the ball physics and core gameplay to have the best recreation of football again.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see some proof of your 99.9% remark?

Could the PS2 go online? Yes. How you claim "ps2 doesnt have online" when you could blatantly go online with it is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Oh, and here's another ;)

are you finally admitting it was broken? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

Personally I feel that PES 2009 is a great game.! Best ever in my opinion.The only thing I dislike is the fact it is unrealistically easy to take on players..once you pick up the ball with Messi or Ronaldo and you know how to play the game a goal is almost guaranteed. The long passing ould also be improved.I think Fifa lacks so many things but without doubt its jumpy momments(goalline scrambles etc) are near non existent.Long live PES

Personally I feel that PES 2009 is a great game.! Best ever in my opinion.

No. Just no.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, i hate the way most people get stuck up on one of them and defend them until the end...

I used to like FIFA until 2002, then from 2003 they slowed it and introduced all the ''first touch-R stick'' crap and it was abysmal, luckily enough PES came to the fore that year with PES3, every year it got better while every year FIFA was the same junk altered slightly...

Then the next gen came along, PES was the only game i was getting from the two and i played it until after Christmas, got a bit sick of the lagging online and the cut back passing goals so traded it in and got FIFA 08, and it was a massive improvement on the past 6 odd installments, looking back i didn't think PES was all the much worse but FIFA definitely was better...

However this years PES was even worse and i couldn't play more then the two or three games i had in a friends house one time, while FIFA on the otherhand had improved again massively...

Personally i hope PES does come back, and i hope FIFA improve on last years, that way we can have two games to get us through the year, i find i get sick of them around the 6-7-8 mth mark, so it would be nice to have a good alternative to play aswell

It doesnt have to be a ''one or the other'' option and fan-boy supporting, it's about the best game.... hopefully we get two this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

This whole fanboy stuff is stupid. I don't pledge my allegiance to any game. If one game is better than the other one year then I will buy that game, simple as.

In my opinion, I think PES started to rest on their laurels right around the release of pes6. PES6 I thought was better than Fifa 08 but when PES09 came out, it was just a complete letdown. It was the opposite with Fifa 09 however, they really pushed and made a quite fantastic football game. Not perfect, but very very good. And PES has been playing catchup ever since.

I am going to save judgement until the two games have come out and I have played them. Then I will choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I used to love PES, but changed to fifa after pes 6. Never looked back. The online on PES is awful, soooo laggy, plus fifa is just a better game in terms of value imo. I still wouldnt pre order pes 2010, as if I remember right, last year they were saying that PES would be all different and recalim its title. Didnt happen. Id still buy fifa 10 over pes 10 in a heartbeat.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    I used to love PES, but changed to fifa after pes 6. Never looked back. The online on PES is awful, soooo laggy, plus fifa is just a better game in terms of value imo. I still wouldnt pre order pes 2010, as if I remember right, last year they were saying that PES would be all different and recalim its title. Didnt happen. Id still buy fifa 10 over pes 10 in a heartbeat.

Sure there'll be demo's, there was defo one for FIFA last year and i'm pretty sure there was one for PES too(think i knocked it off after a min or two so not too sure, while played FIFA demo a good few times so can remember that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

ps2 doesnt have online.

I think you'll find you're very wrong there.

What's with everyone talking about how great fifa is online, and about 3 threads down everyone is complaning about how almost everyone cheats! sounds like a slight flaw to me.

How many hours have people spent on message boards saying pes or fifa is better? Get both and decide yourself, it's the only way.

Advertisement