Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES VS Fifa

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

fifa 09 is great online but manager mode is way to silly stoke won the PL in mine man utd got relageted wat pes gerrard moving to everton wats going on i will say fifa will edge it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Kirby wrote: »
    Mario kart on the gamecube also has an online mode. 99.9% of people couldn't use it. the ps2 and GameCube were not online consoles. You are just making yourself look small by being pedantic.

If you can find more than 2 people on boards who played pes6 online with a ps2 you can have a cookie.

Erm, I played HUNDREDS of games of PES6 on the PS2, and even managed to get up to 100 in rankings. There were thousands of people online at the time it came out. WTF are you on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

I've played PES 5 & 6 online on the PS2, the origional PS2 needed a network card attachement to play online, but the slim ine model had a built in model, so yeah the PS2 was an on-line console

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Since PES2008, I've moved to FIFA, which has been improving year on year, and PES, which is stagnant. I don't see anything being done, bar getting licenses, to improve, so FIFA will be getting my cash this year. It's a shame really. Konami got lazy with it, and EA really pushed FIFA forward. Konami need to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Erm, I played HUNDREDS of games of PES6 on the PS2, and even managed to get up to 100 in rankings. There were thousands of people online at the time it came out. WTF are you on about.

I stand by what I said. Over 90% of the ps2 game library was offline only. I would wager over 90% of the 360 and PS3 library have some online modes......because those consoles are designed and built with online gaming in mind. The ps2 was not.

Yes, you can buy an attachment and play a couple of games online the same way you could with the game cube. But hardly anyone did. They were primarily offline consoles. Which is what I said earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

I stand by what I said. Over 90% of the ps2 game library was offline only. I would wager over 90% of the 360 and PS3 library have some online modes......because those consoles are designed and built with online gaming in mind. The ps2 was not.

Yes, you can buy an attachment and play a couple of games online the same way you could with the game cube. But hardly anyone did. They were primarily offline consoles. Which is what I said earlier.

how could anyone play the ps2 online when even now broadband isn't widely available. back in those days unless you lived in a town or city you could forget about it. obviously a lot of people still did though.

if you think fifas graphics are better your blind and if you think it plays or looks more realistic, you've never seen or played real soccer. the ball physics are a joke too. online play is the only thing fifa has going for it and is the only reason people bought 08 in the first place.

it would be the same if cod4 or halo had laggy online play. people would buy some other alternative that worked online and then defend it to the death reagrdless of how bad it was.

how could anyone play the ps2 online when even now broadband isn't widely available. back in those days unless you lived in a town or city you could forget about it. obviously a lot of people still did though.

if you think fifas graphics are better your blind and if you think it plays or looks more realistic, you've never seen or played real soccer. the ball physics are a joke too. online play is the only thing fifa has going for it and is the only reason people bought 08 in the first place.

it would be the same if cod4 or halo had laggy online play. people would buy some other alternative that worked online and then defend it to the death reagrdless of how bad it was.

The graphics aren't better, but there's not much between them, but after that it's all FIFA, they move like robots in PES. FIFA have the physics never perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvDcg3bFHE

Replay at 3:10 sums PES up, PS2 engine with improved graphics.

To say all FIFA has going for it, is online, shows what you know about games. Sure all the 9/10+ reviews must have said ''It's not in any way realistic, but we're going to give it a 9/10 because you can play online'' :rolleyes:

The graphics aren't better, but there's not much between them, but after that it's all FIFA, they move like robots in PES. FIFA have the physics never perfect.

if you mean near perfect it shows what you know about soccer. :rolleyes:. just take a free kick or cross a ball into the box and look at how it swerves. is that near perfect physics? no, its completely unrealistic. through balls are so easy its just a matter of sending your striker on a run and mashing the button. theres just no satisfaction in playing a good pass or scoring in fifa because its so dumbed down.

im not saying pes is miles better but for a no nonsense game of soccer it still plays better.

if you mean near perfect it shows what you know about soccer. :rolleyes:. just take a free kick or cross a ball into the box and look at how it swerves. is that near perfect physics? no, its completely unrealistic. through balls are so easy its just a matter of sending your striker on a run and mashing the button. theres just no satisfaction in playing a good pass or scoring in fifa because its so dumbed down.

im not saying pes is miles better but for a no nonsense game of soccer it still plays better.

I know a lot about soccer, have you any qualifications?... i do!!

What don't you understand about NEAR??.... when did near become constant?. And your best example was the swerve from a cross?, have you never swerved a cross into the box? :confused:

So you can plant the ball any time you want straight through the defence?.... wow that's good because i got as high as 700 in FIFA last year and i never had that much success with them.

Only managed to pull of one unreal one(the way your describing) in the demo for this years one and that was through more then just ''mashing a button after sending someone on a run'', i'd seriously love to see you open me up that easy and consistently.

I know a lot about soccer, have you any qualifications?... i do!!

What don't you understand about NEAR??.... when did near become constant?. And your best example was the swerve from a cross?, have you never swerved a cross into the box? :confused:

So you can plant the ball any time you want straight through the defence?.... wow that's good because i got as high as 700 in FIFA last year and i never had that much success with them.

Only managed to pull of one unreal one(the way your describing) in the demo for this years one and that was through more then just ''mashing a button after sending someone on a run'', i'd seriously love to see you open me up that easy and consistently.

the ball travels straight and then turns 90 degrees left or right while dropping like a stone. very realistic. :pac:. if your having trouble with through balls i suggest you just spam L1 or LB follwed quickly by a long through ball either on the ground or chipped if you want to be fancy.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9094805
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9095185

• Advertisement

the ball travels straight and then turns 90 degrees left or right while dropping like a stone. very realistic. :pac:. if your having trouble with through balls i suggest you just spam L1 or LB follwed quickly by a long through ball either on the ground or chipped if you want to be fancy.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9094805
    http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9095185

For starters congratulations on scoring those goals, i think it's a farce that a through ball to a free player can be made in this game... how un-realistic.:rolleyes:

Secondly, i don't care what you can do to the CPU, you wouldn't be doing them as easy as your making out against any decent player online.

And lastly, the swerve can be stupid from corners and FK's, but curling it to a ridiculous degree reaps no rewards so that point is irrelevant and hardly ruins the game.

For starters congratulations on scoring those goals, i think it's a farce that a through ball to a free player can be made in this game... how un-realistic.:rolleyes:

Secondly, i don't care what you can do to the CPU, you wouldn't be doing them as easy as your making out against any decent player online.

And lastly, the swerve can be stupid from corners and FK's, but curling it to a ridiculous degree reaps no rewards so that point is irrelevant and hardly ruins the game.

the only reason the player was free is because i had told him to run and the AI is so bad the runs are never tracked. the actual pass didnt require any judgement and the finish? :rolleyes:

online is exactly the same. i hardly ever played fifa 09 online but when i did i was playing simple through balls and scoring easily. when i played decent players they did it to me.

so ridiculous floaty ball physics don't ruin a football game? :o

the only reason the player was free is because i had told him to run and the AI is so bad the runs are never tracked. the actual pass didnt require any judgement and the finish? :rolleyes:

online is exactly the same. i hardly ever played fifa 09 online but when i did i was playing simple through balls and scoring easily. when i played decent players they did it to me.

so ridiculous floaty ball physics don't ruin a football game? :o

Not when they only come into play from corners and FK's, and when they have no benefit.
    Coupled with the fact you curl it to your own requirements so it's not like it's standard.
    I've never heard anyone giving out about the curl you can put on a set-piece, especially considering it has no advantage.
    It's so small an issue I never saw it come up in a review, basically because you don't have to curl it that much, it's your choice.

I'm not going to argue about it any more, it's not like i'm defending a ****e game and i'm in the minority.
    It may not be the most realistic game(we won't see that for another while) but it's the best football game to come out on a computer so far, and the reviews so far agree with that, along with the masses on sites like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its rubbish Brian Plank and yet you seem to play it plenty and feel the need to post up your rubbish goals. feck off troll. love your name by the way, suits you.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    its rubbish Brian Plank and yet you seem to play it plenty and feel the need to post up your rubbish goals. feck off troll. love your name by the way, suits you.

I was pretty sure earlier i had a disagreement with that poster on another thread maybe a mth or so ago and posted near enough what you said there(after an equally ridicules comment) :D

....thing is i looked through his comments and none of the threads stood out, maybe it was another ''<insert> plank''

Not when they only come into play from corners and FK's, and when they have no benefit.
    Coupled with the fact you curl it to your own requirements so it's not like it's standard.
    I've never heard anyone giving out about the curl you can put on a set-piece, especially considering it has no advantage.
    It's so small an issue I never saw it come up in a review, basically because you don't have to curl it that much, it's your choice.

I'm not going to argue about it any more, it's not like i'm defending a ****e game and i'm in the minority.
    It may not be the most realistic game(we won't see that for another while) but it's the best football game to come out on a computer so far, and the reviews so far agree with that, along with the masses on sites like these.

firstly dont believe what reviews say. reviewers only say what fanboys want to hear so they continue to sell magazines and get visitors on their websites.

your the one who said the physics were "near perfect" so explain how if you can choose to apply unrealistic amounts of swerve (beneficial or not). its not just that either, look at how the ball stops from through balls and long passes like its on an elastic band or getting stuck in mud. its like on of those plastic balls flying around in the wind.

this is my biggest problem with fifa in general is people like yourself throwing out random comments like "oh the graphics are great" or "it plays so realistic" but you never give examples of why. the graphics speak for themselves in the first post and the fact that its brutally easy to pass and score doesn't make it realistic.

BTW if you were real fifa fans you'd know who brian plank is. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

and the fact that its brutally easy to pass and score doesn't make it realistic.

Take it off Assisted passing/through balls/crossing & shooting if you want it to be more of a challenge. It's really annoying when people complain about how easy it is but always have the aids turned on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Corcaigh07 and Brian Plank, keep it civil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

You didn't need any attachment with the slimline PS2. And everyone I know that had one played Pro Evo online. And what you said earlier was "ps2 doesn't have online" when it did. :D
    BTW if you were real fifa fans you'd know who brian plank is. :P
    Was he from the original Fifa game? I had it on the SNES, did he play up front with germany alongside Klaus Hoeflich? Think it was impossible to score a goal that wasn't a 30 yard rocket into the top corner

Take it off Assisted passing/through balls/crossing & shooting if you want it to be more of a challenge. It's really annoying when people complain about how easy it is but always have the aids turned on.

if everyone online was going to play that way it would make sense but it would have made more sense to not have such easy passing in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

if everyone online was going to play that way it would make sense but it would have made more sense to not have such easy passing in the first place.

It's for accessibility i suppose! i think the new FIFA has the ability to search for games with specific criteria such as manual settings etc. That'll seperate the men from the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

going to get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

unlucky everyone im afraid pes wins this year ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Just because pro evo was bad never ment Fifa was good.

Pro evo is back on form this year finally we can end this silly debate, lots liek the arcade action packed Fifa lots liek the sim style of Pro evo. Competition is good and both fans will win as both games will keep trying to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ciano12

fifa all the way have fifa 10 and love it play it every day on XBOX live :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 09828

:):):):):):):) PES is crap for team names like liverpool is merseyside red chelsea is london FC and sunderland are tyreside

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jiggawigga

Used to be a FIFA maestro myself, but had to change as all my mates played PES.

It pisses me off that pro evo is 'apparently' the best football game on the market. There's so many stupidly ridiculous things wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Its one thing having a favourite football team and supporting them and when they win slagging off those who support the other team...

But supporting a video game? Is that not a bit sad?

Every year i get both PES and FIFA, whichever is better i play more. From 2003 to 2007 it was PES but the last 2 years have been FIFA and its looking like FIFA again for me but WHY does that matter to anyone else?

But i suppose, as long as 2 footy games come out every year you will get this topic, but if you actually look at it its pretty stupid. Anyway, continue bickering... Its as if some of you made the effin game yourselves ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jiggawigga

Mikeyt086 totally agree wit ya.

It's funny how passionate some people get when defending one or the other. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No, don't continue bickering. Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of each game in a civil manner.

Advertisement