Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Round 3 Tournament - Registration

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh i remember saying that to ya half way through about the tags. Didn't we have an imaginary player in one of the groups? was pretty funny. :p

Still, I'm crap with names... so fair played to you and leprekaun for recognising everyone and running it so smoothly. Everybody knew who they had to fight and there was no drama, and thats always a good thing. Have to say I really enjoyed it.

Also, KoKikki is a legend for bringing the camera. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Kirby wrote: »
    Didn't we have an imaginary player in one of the groups? was pretty funny. :p

Yeah Im actually really sorry about that imaginary person lol... It was my... Alter- ego... I wrote my name down as Richard but most people knew me as FoamyMushroom lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

yeah rich-er-foamy your an idiot for that lol. GG's to all if anyone imports BlazBlue or has it already on PS3 add me Xinkai_SAF.

Also fair play to all the organizers & hope nothing was lost but pride :P

GG's to all!!!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Ko.Ki has already posted up the first match. Check it out in the sticky thread for Irish Fighting Videos.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just noticed reading back over the thread that a Giant Fail Award goes to both Owwmyknecap and Dreddybajs for there inability to set an alarm clock! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hmm... despite it leaving me enough time to ensure the camera was setup, I think I've dropped down to the lowest tier in Ireland -- 0-3 yet again :(
    Maybe I should go back to Abel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

yo, it won me 600 dollars in a poker tournament so if that's fail i happily accept it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Those 2 brothers from the north are good, ****in hell. I was looking at simon in one of the earlier matches and kinda had a feeling he would win. He played more or less perfect. I was all over the shop, dont want to see the vids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yep, last time the two of them were down I called Simon vs TheWitch as game of the tournament, and felt that Simon was good enough to win that one - and also obviously that Mike was good enough to win. Glad to see a good Chun player get his win, well-deserved imo. Also well played to Mike!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Great tournament lads :). Great matches too. As Azza mentioned, there was quite a delay in getting things underway which I'd like to sincerely apologise for as it was mostly my fault. I should've randomised the groups the day before but huge thanks to Azza for doing it as quickly as he did. I literally went down to get change, then went to Spar across the street then came back and he said it was sorted, all within a space of 5 minutes.

I'd like to thank everyone for being great to deal with and helping out during the group stages and being patient with my incompetence :P. It helped to slash time down quite due to starting late a bit so can't thank you enough.

I'd like to thank my bro too for his mathematical genius :D with helping to sort out the finishing touches for the financial stuff which he did very quickly.

Big thanks to Kiki for the camera work. Its nice to know we can display our SFIV talents to the world. I especially eagerly await the comments following some of the hilarious things mentioned during some of the matches :D

But really, I have to say a monumental thanks to Azza for his help and really, running of the whole thing. He managed the double elimination rounds almost single handedly along with Dan so big thanks to Dan for helping out as well. Azza really was the man of the day so huge thanks for the organisation.

Sorry for the cheesy oscar style thanks :D but difference, I genuinely mean it :P

I know well now where it could've been better as I missed out on organising some very time consuming things which should've been sorted the day before. So will definitely write out some notes and hopefully have it run without a hitch next time.

So, thank youuu everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Who where the top ten? By any chance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Leprekaun wrote: »
    along with Dan so big thanks to Dan for helping out as well.

mshvsf-dan.gif

Faaaaaaaaather!!!!

Seriously though, it looks like the whole thing was a good success. I must make it along to the next tournie/casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Big thanks to Leprekaun and Azza,you did a great job considering it's the first community run event we've had.

Azza,you looked a bit stressed a few times running around getting things in order which I guess affected your participation in the tourney.

Thanks Kiki for bringing the camera,it's nice to watch the matches back(despite the fact they exposed some glaring errors in my matches)

The guys from Belfast were fantastic competitors and it was really good to have fresh competition thrown in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

blag wrote: »
    The guys from Belfast were fantastic competitors and it was really good to have fresh competition thrown in there.

Do all of them post on here at all? Or play online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

They were talking about the Super Versus Battle Qualifier too so hopefully one of them will post on here when they know when it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

bush wrote: »

I think they stick to neoempire for forum posting and I don't know about online play.I think the Rufus player plays on live as Dardeck but I've no idea about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

They were talking about the Super Versus Battle Qualifier too so hopefully one of them will post on here when they know when it's on.

The date isn't 100% confirmed for the Dramatic Battle. Mr. Kyle can tell you more and confirm when it is on, since he's the one running it.

Congrats to Si and Mike for making it a brotherly 1-2 and to Dan for coming 6th. Good stuff. I would've loved to go down but sadly I work Saturdays and there's just no way for me to get them off with begging and pleading like a slave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

bush wrote: »

We tend to stay away from SFIV online since the online is beyond ****.

Once a date is set most likely Mr Kyle will post it up here.

Advertisement