Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Round 3 Tournament - Registration

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Can they open a ****ing window in the place?

:pac:

Some bang of sweat the last time I was in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm def gonna b up in Dublin on Saturday lads so count me in.I'll b tryin to main chun li and I've no prob with the €10.what's the story with sticks and pads??.will I bring my stick?.my first time up so not sure what yee did last time?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

What about a 10 all in fee. This could cover both prize pot and console rental fees. If a few folk are throwing vouchers towards the rental. Just an idea.

And I'd agree with prizes to 4th spot in line with Azzas suggestion.

Banjo- bring your own stick or pad by all means. There'll be plenty of spares too as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Are people going to have to play on other platforms like last time? I have a stick for PS3 as well but I'm not going to be able to bring it on Saturday, it's at home in my folks house. Don't want to end up having to play on PS3 with a pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Don't want to end up having to play on PS3 with a pad.

There should be more than enough sticks. I'll be bringing mine anyway. I have a Madcatz TE, so does Azza and I think a few others coming have the Madcatz SE. What stick do you usually use?

I'm sure we could sort it out on the day anyway if people also bring their 360 sticks along as well to share, I remember a few people had the TE and SE on that console.

Also, +1 to an all-in cost. Some people might want to leave early and it can get messy trying to collect rental fees at the end.

Maybe make it €15 all in, which includes rental and prize money. If there is surplus leftover it can go into a pot for the next tournament.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    There should be more than enough sticks. I'll be bringing mine anyway. I have a Madcatz TE, so does Azza and I think a few others coming have the Madcatz SE. What stick do you usually use?

I'm sure we could sort it out on the day anyway if people also bring their 360 sticks along as well to share, I remember a few people had the TE and SE on that console.

Also, +1 to an all-in cost. Some people might want to leave early and it can get messy trying to collect rental fees at the end.

Maybe make it €15 all in, which includes rental and prize money. If there is surplus leftover it can go into a pot for the next tournament.

Madcatz TE for Xbox 360 and PS3. I'm up for all in cost too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

how about having one machine as pure winner stays on? (possibly not while the tourny is on)

Sure, We can call that the Sim Machine. :D

Other such names could include
    Microstretch
    Yoga 360
    Kirby's console.
    Azza's console for when I feel like letting him win. :p

Cool,I'll bring a fightpad and fightstick then on 360.i think ill have to get directions at some stage too..cheers.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There is never an issue with sticks for users. We all share sticks if we have to play on a platform our own controllers don't work on.

I was just asking because the tournament I went to in XGC no one had a stick for PS3.

• Advertisement

That must of been the second tournament, the only event I wasn't at, I have always brought 2 sticks to every other event. I don't think Leimrod was it at either or if he was he may have been still using a Saturn pad at the time and both myself and him usually bring arcade sticks. The witch only recently got a PS3 stick and 2Doom I think only recently started attending our events who is also a PS3 pad user.

I can safely say for sure there be will PS3 arcade sticks available. 3 users should have TE sticks for the PS3 alone.

Cool, and next time there's one I'll have two sticks also.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Indeed, the Doom shall be bringing his PS3 stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Don't forget your A-Game either Doom.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Don't forget your A-Game either Doom.

I've only really got a c game, I main Guile remember :D

Poor old Guile, man needs some love. Least its easy to beat pesky Dictators around the place with him!

I'm not quite so sure on this one. tbh i think most players are playing him wrong. The best guiles ive seen play a zoning game similar to sims game. They keep their opponent at "awkward" distances so that they can tag them whenever they try to jump in or focus in, etc.

And ofcourse, vary up the sonic boom speed to be unpredictable and ride the slow ones hard.

Guile has several problems.

His moves don't do great damage.
    His flash kick's priority isn't all that great.
    He has no decent ultra set ups.
    Doesn't have great mix options on the offense.

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm not quite so sure on this one. tbh i think most players are playing him wrong. The best guiles ive seen play a zoning game similar to sims game. They keep their opponent at "awkward" distances so that they can tag them whenever they try to jump in or focus in, etc.

And ofcourse, vary up the sonic boom speed to be unpredictable and ride the slow ones hard.

His flash kick priority messes this up. You're actually better off risking a jump throw than it in many situations. It fecks his game up.

Not to mention his ultra. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

"Zone with Guile" isn't exactly a revelation, he's just really bad in this game. :pac:

(I main him in ST)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

L31mr0d wrote: »

Yeah, I suppose this would be best method of payment. Its just for the last meet, I wanted to be exact but it wasn't exact in the end anyway :S.

I'll just make some calculations tonight and then give an estimate.

SDooM wrote: »
    His flash kick priority messes this up. You're actually better off risking a jump throw than it in many situations. It fecks his game up.

Not to mention his ultra. :(

There's been so many Guile's online in the past while. Some of them are ridiculously annoying. EX Flash Kick is a headwrecker.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    "Zone with Guile" isn't exactly a revelation, he's just really bad in this game. :pac:

(I main him in ST)

Most guiles hide in a corner. That isnt zoning. thats hiding.

Zoning is putting your opponent at a distance he doesnt want to be in and hurting him when he tries to get into his favoured position. Guile should be at about haf screen distance. Its far enough away so that he wont get jumped in on, and close enough that EX booms nearly always hit.

And plenty of characters have no ultra setups. He isnt alone in this. Its just that his one does so poor damage that its not worth the risk...which should be changed. He also needs better priority on flash kick but you can compensate for that by being, as i said, just a few inches outside of jump in range.

His Ultra does reasonable damage, its his normals and specials that don't do enough damage.

Its alright saying zone with Guile but trying living with Sagat in a fireball throwing contest.

Guile does actually have one ultra setup and it's off his super.got caught with it 2nite.looked nice and all but with the damage scaling, the last hit took as much as a jab.I hate playin against him though as chun.no damn anti air!!!.

Most guiles hide in a corner. That isnt zoning. thats hiding.

Most Kens spend the game doing jump back hadoken either, neither of which say anything about how the character should be played...

edit: Looking at your first post that I quoted I see you realise was this, I was just messing around with you since it's obvious everyone should be zoning with Guile. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

BanjoB wrote: »
    Guile does actually have one ultra setup and it's off his super.got caught with it 2nite.looked nice and all but with the damage scaling, the last hit took as much as a jab.I hate playin against him though as chun.no damn anti air!!!.

yeah, that combo is in the hard trials for Guile. Looks brilliant :). I think he's the only charge character who can link his super into his ultra so thats an advantage he has over all other chargers. That said, compare him to a non-charging character, he's pretty much useless :(

I guess family life occupied him a little too much from training :p

Budget cuts man. Iraq is taking it out of them and the economy is in the toilet. Less money to spend on super ultra deluxe hair gel for his magic hairdo.....and everyone knows thats the source of all his power.

Can't Ryu and Sagat do super > ultra?

edit: Oh, you said charge characters, my bad.

• Advertisement

I've only been a stick user the last 2 months and I still can't get used to shoto characters with it.charge characters are fine.that's why I'll bringin fightpad and fighstick! :)

Advertisement