Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Round 3 Tournament - Registration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Controller: Madcatz SE Stick - xbox
    Main: E.Honda
    Sub: Sub? Honda needs no sub.

I'll bring a memory card for xbox with all unlocked bar Seth.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, same here. I have a memory unit.

For the PS3, I know saves are locked to user profiles but would anyone be kind enough to transfer their save along with their profile?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Aren't the consoles locked away in a protective casing and all you can access is the disc drive and controller ports?

Besides I don't think you can transfer PS3 save files.

Dunno bout PS3 but profiles and save games are transferable on Xbox and the controller ports and memory slot are one and the same so all good there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, but you can't get around to access the back of the cases (afaik?), and both front USB slots will be taken up by controllers.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah, but you can't get around to access the back of the cases (afaik?), and both front USB slots will be taken up by controllers.

Just transfer the save game and profile onto the HD before the controllers are plugged in - viola!

Ah, sweet, didn't realise you could!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Leprekaun wrote: »
    when are you arriving at Busáras?

I'm actually gettin a spin up now so I'll head in there for 2.thanks for all the directions lads.is the tournament startin at 3 then???.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yep, 3 PM. The official console rental will start from 2 PM though so if you want to go down early or something.

Consoles have been booked lads. 5/3 X360/PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Cool, I'll be there sometime between one and two so If anyone fancies some **** and I'm early we can rent a console for an hour/whatever

How long do installs take on PS3, it would probably be worth it overall if they don't take too long.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if I can recover my gamertag and download Games I own, like HD Remix?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Anyone know if I can recover my gamertag and download Games I own, like HD Remix?

I think you can but can only play the game when signed into live(which is what you'd be doing),unless there's some DRM I'm forgetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good luck all! Take pics and send em onto me please (would also appreciate results)...And you may see your name in lights!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Have a good one lads, I just don't have the cash to make it today :o I'll make it to the next one though god ****ing damn it. If its the last thing I doooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'll be in soon. :) To spectate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Great tournament. Well run by Azza and co. Got to meet a few of the regulars like Azza, Sdoom, Kiki, Leimrod and a few other names that escape me at this point. Hopefully see you again when you're in there or hopefully LanParty.ie 2 in October.

Good game everyone!

Apologies for missing this, slept in embarrassingly late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Set your alarm man! :p I only got about 3 hours sleep but I was determined to get up and get my ass in there. Next time man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great touney lads, congrats to all who organised....

great to put a face to all the games!!

Slept in late and didnt get to the bus in time.

shouldnt have drank last night....

So Good craic then? i'm raging i missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ggs to everyone there... the level of competition has really gone up since the last tournament.

yeh you missed a belter. Great fun had by all. We even had a camera there to record some of the matches. Ofcourse, Dhalsim is too pretty for camera's so none of my matches were recorded :p

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Who won the tournament?

A Ryu player from the north I think.... can't quite remember his name coz im totally useless with that stuff. Final was Ryu vs Chun li and was a fairly entertaining match allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Great tourny lads.had to leave a bit earlier than I intended.a chun li in the final..class!!.I'll have to make sure that's my chun next time!!!.could everyone post their gamertag on Xbox live so I can add them please..mine's Araforn...cheers lads.

Mine is HokemPokem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Reanimemmett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Who won the tournament?
    Simon Guilfoyle (I spell that right?), Mike's brother.
    Chun Li VS Ryu; Mike was in Loser's thanks to blag.

I'll try to have most of the matches up on youTube in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Good tourny :D!

The Final was some come back though... Twas awesome! :D

Next time should be even better... (Just as long as I keep my eye on the dam time of the match......) :rolleyes: lol

Was a good mix up too, I was expecting just shoto's lol (Even though I play Akuma lol)..

Once again great Tourny!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hi guys. Well the first community run tournament was over and generally I thought it went pretty well, not perfect but decent.

The results for the tournament where

1st Simon Guilfoyle (Chun Li) Prize money €162
    2nd Mike Guilfoyle (Ryu) Prize money €81
    3rd Bush (Blanka) Prize money €27

A total of 27 people entered.

Simon won without dropping a match the whole tournament so fair play to him, a deserving winner. Upsets where few and far between but Blag beating Mike in the first stage of the double elimination bracket was a suprise, Mike later got his revenge in the lower brackets later on after Bush pushed Blag out of the upper bracket. Bush put in another good showing coming home third after strong showings in the previous two tournaments. Mike again was super strong but Simon edged him out in quite a tight finals match with an extra life to spare. Strong showings also from Sagat08 who finished 4th and Kirby and Blag who finished joint 5th.

Several games where recorded on camera and we hope to have them posted over the next few days. Will provide a link when we get them.

From an organisational point of view the competition was delayed by about 45 minutes due to people arriving slightly late, we hope at the next event to get people to arrive earliar so we can avoid cutting it as close as we did. It worked out well in the end but we will try to ensure everyone can stay for the full event and catch there buses next time. We will also stick to just real names as opposed to online handles for future events as the use of both caused a small amount of confusion. Tournament went smoothly enough, with one or two minor hiccups due to brain freeze on my part at times. The whole thing lasted about 2 hours 40 minutes. Finished up about 6:25pm. My main concern was ensuring everyone got to complete the tournament before needing to catch a bus and I'm pretty sure that was mission accomplished.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Hope to organise more events in the future.

Special thanks to Leprekaun for organsing the event, taking sign ups, taking care of the entry and prize money, doing the math required, taking care of console rental and loosing to my well timed ex.headstomp.
    Thanks to VDeck for helping with seeding and organising the brackets.
    Thanks to Ko.KiKi for providing his camera and recording the matches.
    And thanks to Kinetic for showing his support to the community.

Advertisement