Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connection problems

• 11-07-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

My Eircom Netopia router was fried last week in a lightening storm, and I've got a new one and have now re-established my network, but I can't seem to get XBox Live back.

When running the network tests on the console, it shows that it is successfully connecting first to my home wireless network, then to the Internet, but it fails when it tries to go from Internet to XBox Live. What could I be missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

When you get that far look for extra details somewhere like something specific that failed.
    Here, this should help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958431/en-us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Was a stupid thing - the Netopia's firewall settings were defaulted back to Medium. I turned off the router's firewall and Live works fine now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Not so bad, at least the routers copmpatible, if it wasn't ya would have had a real problem

Advertisement