Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a modded console?

Options
  • 11-07-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Hey, this isnt an ad or anything. Just wondering what is the best option for selling a modded console. I have no need for a Wii anymore and want to move it on, would normally post it up on adverts but they have strong rules against modded consoles, ebay too. Ive tried Gumtree but that website is pretty crap for quick sales.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

buy and sell maybe.

also to note im not sure if its against to rules to talk about selling a modded console here.

but also to mention its not against the law to sell a modded console aslong as you dont give any copyrighted material with it(i.e backed up games or anything like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

can't you just return it to original firmware and sell it as unmodded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This is unfortunately part and parcel of modding your console in that it's very hard to move if you want to sell it and usually passed on to someone you know.
    docentore wrote: »
    can't you just return it to original firmware and sell it as unmodded?

What happens if your Xbox 360 RROD and the new owner sends it back only to find out it's not covered as it's been opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The thing with unmodding to sell is that most people do not mod them selves, which means its going to cost them money to unmod it!

The buy and sell or a local classifieds is your only option really. I had a 360 for sale on the buy and sell and it didnt sell the first time, I re-listed it a few weeks later and my ad was banned for being against term of use. I specifically stated in the ad that there was no games with it, while boys sell R4 cards with "choice of 100 games" all the time on it :rolleyes:

What ever about piracy i cant stand people selling others people's IP at a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ive placed an ad in the buy and sell, along with gumtree so hopefully can shift it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

[QUOTE=Kinetic^;61116336
    What happens if your Xbox 360 RROD and the new owner sends it back only to find out it's not covered as it's been opened?[/QUOTE]

iI didn't mean to be dishonest. it is to seller to mention that it was opened etc.I just meant xbox360 flashed back to original firmware but opened wouldn't be against ie adverts.ie or gumtree rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

docentore wrote: »
    iI didn't mean to be dishonest. it is to seller to mention that it was opened etc.I just meant xbox360 flashed back to original firmware but opened wouldn't be against ie adverts.ie or gumtree rules

Oh ofc but there will be some chancers out there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I take it that the wii has a mod chip. So I don't see why someone was talking about firmware.
    You could just sell it on Ebay with out mentioning the mod chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thats pretty dishonest.

Wii's lasers have a habit of burning out, something nintendo fix for free, you wouldnt be very happy if you sent it away an nintendo found a chip you didnt know about would you?

Advertisement