Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould on clothes

Options
  • 11-07-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi. sorry if this is the wrong forum, not sure where to post it.
    I found jeans in my wardrobe that have been in there about 5 months with mould on them. I also found sort of bamboo place mats that had alot of mould on them. They were there only a couple of months.
    Does anyone know what could be causing this or how it could be prevented?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Damp might be the culprit. I put my winter coat away a while ago, but had it dry cleaned before hand, though this was partly to stop moths eating at it.
    Airing now and again might help?

http://www.armadale.wa.gov.au/_documents/health/mould.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Sounds like Damp. Bad ventilation will cause this. Get one of those damp catchers in a diy shop and put in end of press

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Didn't think you'd get damp in a wardrobe in the middle of summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

You can get damp at any time of the year the damp is caused by the humidity in the air rather than rainfall or temperature

Advertisement