Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Supergroup

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Queen of the Zeppelin Fighters

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

DEAR GOD I JUST WET MY PANTS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This doesn't excite me. Why? Its fairly old news. Dave was initiating the project back in 05, and its only coming to light now. In other news, I cannot wait for any material to come from these three together. Dave on drums, Josh on guitar, and JPJ everything else...I'm rubbing my hands in glee about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

On paper it sounds brilliant,should be interesting to hear what they come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

As already said it sounds like it could be brilliant. Just hope it lives up to my now high expectations :D

• Advertisement

Them Crooked Vultures!

Yes yes yes f'in yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Meh.

Meh.

Insightful!

Oh to be in Chicago tonight, the first show is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

ACE! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Dear God I cant wait to hear these boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

http://forum.themcrookedvultures.com/showthread.php?t=137

Lowlands is supposed to be on there too I do believe

definitely room for a sneaky Dublin show in there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Of the 3 vids in this thread 2 are dead :( the one working one however is fookin animal!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

The other 2 are fakes

Of the supposed tour dates, I'm sure if ye've read around at other sites, look at Rock En Seine lineup, click on Les Petits Pois, and read the description. It really must be them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

This is going to be unreal. Can't wait for the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

Is there any word on a due date for the album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I think I read October somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

sweet, cheers man

October 23rd from what I hear. October is an expensive, but great, month for me

www.themcrookedvultures.com/x

Focussed over Holland now. Lowlands ye lucky so-and-so's

Mushy wrote: »
    October 23rd from what I hear. October is an expensive, but great, month for me

That date, along with the 2 old video's are apparently hoax's.

Can't wait for Lowlands now, although I really wish I was flying in on the 18th to get tickets for the solo gig on the 19th (when I fly in)...
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Sounds good, I just wish we had more to listen to.

fortuneg wrote: »
    That date, along with the 2 old video's are apparently hoax's.

Can't wait for Lowlands now, although I really wish I was flying in on the 18th to get tickets for the solo gig on the 19th (when I fly in)...
    :(

Yeah only found out for definite after bout the videos, but the release daye, well ya never know. Sure will come out at some stage.

Ah would be class to go see them somewhere. If they have an impromptu English gig I'll try get over. Be so difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Sounds like the kind of bull**** I'd want to distance myself from. And if John Paul Jones wants to keep his reputation intact I would suggest he does the same. They are all (well, except Josh Homme) good players in their respective outfits but these supergroups always lead to clashes and the eventual breakups

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sounds like the kind of bull**** I'd want to distance myself from. And if John Paul Jones wants to keep his reputation intact I would suggest he does the same. They are all (well, except Josh Homme) good players in their respective outfits but these supergroups always lead to clashes and the eventual breakups

Weren't Zeppelin a bit of a super group in their day too tho?
    Super groups can work. And it's often about one or two good albums before going solo. Look at CSNY or Crazy horse too. I think the tradition of super groups goes on longer than the likes of audioslave and the raconteurs and that.

Are you mad? Josh was never into fancy widdly solos, so if ya look at the likes of Kyuss, the stuff he wrote then is unreal. I find him to be one of the best at doing that, without needing to be over the top. Think I'm trying to say he's the most consistant. For a guitarist, he be much better than Dave grohl.

Then can also see this supergroup not meant to be a permanent fixture, cos after this they'll go back to their other projects. And as for the term supergroup, think it was summed up best when I saw it written that it wasn't a supergroup, rather just the coming together of the most ideal band:D

• Advertisement

I think Homme is a fantastic guitarist.
    Sure he can't break out warp speed solos like Paul Gilbert but he is an extremely competent guitarist who has been writing some of the most catchy riffs and solos in alternative rock for the past 10 years (& more with Kyuss).
    Not only that but the man really does have an instantly recognisable style & sound, imo one of the trademarks of a top quality musician.

Advertisement