Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paintball v Airsoft

• 11-07-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I've never played airsoft before which is why this thread isn't in the airsoft forum.

Which in your opinion is better
    and give reasons;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

must resist temptation to bash airsoft....so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Is it that bad i mean comparing small plastic pellets to pellets full of paint. How the fcuk are you supposed to prove you shot anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

well some people like airsoft and some like paintball.You just have to try both and decise.
    As far as I know you cant call a hit in airsoft.
    If you want more info on paintball in ireland go to www.paintballer.ie and introduce yourself to make some new people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Best bet is to try both before you can go comparing. The differences are much more than the projectiles. Its so much more, game play etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

i have done both and i hae to say i preffered airsoft!!!

paintball is good but the guns are tottaly un accurate and nobody calls hits!!!

airsoft bbs usually get blown off in the wind but are a lot more accurate than paintball !!!

as you said its hard to tell if you hit someone but airsoft is all about honour and people usually respect this and call their hits!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

dara95 wrote: »
    i have done both and i hae to say i preffered airsoft!!!

paintball is good but the guns are tottaly un accurate and nobody calls hits!!!

airsoft bbs usually get blown off in the wind but are a lot more accurate than paintball !!!

as you said its hard to tell if you hit someone but airsoft is all about honour and people usually respect this and call their hits!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

just remember, sounds like you have played a 'punter' game of paintball with rental equipment. It cant really be compared to playing proper games where players have their own equipment which is easily 10x better than rental stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

this is a much asked question which is better

airsoft r paintball

in my opinion airsoft is way better

paintball 200 paintballs ten euro

airsoft 3000 bb ten euro

guns are more relistic and u can actually aim them in airsoft and more accurate

paintball guns u cant aim them as u have a big tank in front of u and u need to keep going back 4 gas

some 1 painted out about hits well airsoft is mainly about honesty and most players do keep to that but there are now marker bb which leave a illuminus mark on ur clothes 4 people who dont take there hits

in airsoft u can gets 100s of different shapes sizes and weights where as paintball there near all the same

in airsoft u can wear a mesh mask which dosnt fog up
    where in paintball ur mask is all ways fogging up

ps i have played both many times

paintball 200 paintballs ten euro

airsoft 3000 bb ten euro

I pay on average €50 for a box of paint (2000 rounds) for competitions and from €35 for pratice paint and private games.
    guns are more relistic and u can actually aim them in airsoft and more accurate
    Anything is more accurate than a rental marker. It has been used about 100's of people. I would bet that the accuracy of a new airsoft gun and a new, high end paintball marker would be comparable.
    paintball guns u cant aim them as u have a big tank in front of u and u need to keep going back 4 gas
    The tank position depends on the make and model of the marker. Some people place it on their back and connect it via a small pipe. The tank is mainly used as a stock to steady the marker and improve accuracy.
    some 1 painted out about hits well airsoft is mainly about honesty and most players do keep to that but there are now marker bb which leave a illuminus mark on ur clothes 4 people who dont take there hits
    Sounds like paintball to me :)
    in airsoft u can gets 100s of different shapes sizes and weights where as paintball there near all the same
    Paintballs some in various sizes from .68 caliber, .5 caliber and .43 caliber.

in airsoft u can wear a mesh mask which dosnt fog up
    where in paintball ur mask is all ways fogging up
    My paintball mask does not fog up under normal circumstances. Cheap masks used in paintballs venues will fog up.

ps i have played both many times

You have used rental equipment and not your own. Some rental markers out there are over 10 years old and would have been handles by 1000's of people and shot nearly a million paintballs.

I will say again....
    just remember, sounds like you have played a 'punter' game of paintball with rental equipment. It cant really be compared to playing proper games where players have their own equipment which is easily 10x better than rental stuff.

Again, you are comparing paying to use rental equipment rather that using your own gear and buying your own paintballs like you buy your own airsoft equipment.

The paintball that most people have experienced is a service. You are paying for the experience. Where as airsoft is more of a sport where people mostly have their own gear. You cant not compare the two like that. You need to try out the type of paintball where every one has their own gear and top quality equipment.

Topic locked until people start comparing it right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement