Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Live Messenger - Trouble with sound

Options
  • 11-07-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

I initially posted this problem in the Windows part of the forum but I think maybe I might get an answer here.

I've just installed Windows Live Messenger because I've got a friend in the UK I would like to chat to. He can see/hear me perfectly but although I can see him and the video quality seems to be perfect, his voice just breaks up and I think it's lagging as well.

I'm getting the same problem on two separate machines; my laptop running a webcam and on a netbook with its own built in webcam.

I initially thought the problem might be a hardware or software one but now I'm thinking it might be my connection. T'internet connection is Eircom 3meg and I'm connecting wirelessly. Router is the Netopia 2247NWG that Eircom's been handing out for a few years.

Any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement