Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record wind generation tonight on the national grid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

This graph also illustrates a problem with Wind Generation.

It went from about 60MW, to 960MW... if I read it right, within the space of about 15-18 hours. It can do the exact same thing in the other direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wella

Hmmm, what would happen if the highest energy production is during off-peak usage hours? Will all that electricity go to waste? Or is there a way to store it 'till its needed? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

in that situation, they shut down the power plants around the country and leave them waiting until the demand picks up or the wind drops off, then they call them back, as far as I know, but Im no expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

the wind going from 60 to 900 is correct, it can change like the weather and is very unreliable. but it has to be prioritised because or the renewable energy agenda, wind always takes priority on the grid I think.

Advertisement