Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina TD in next Dail.

Options
  • 11-07-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

I think its good we have a local TD for Ballina - Dara Calleary - But its unlikely that the next DAIL will be Fianna Fail lead. With Fianna Gael already at 3 TD's in Mayo we could be left with no TD in goverment in next Dail. Should we look to make sure that Michelle Mulherin is elected? (I personally voted Dara Calleary the last time). At the end of the Day all politics in local and having a LOCAL TD in goverment is better for Ballina than a TD in oposition. Whats the consensus here in the Ballina region?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

If FG were serious about having a TD in Ballina they should have pushed Michelle Mulherin properly in 2007. They seem to have given John O'Mahoney priority over her - e.g. areas around Swinford which normally are canvassed by the Ballina candidate were canvassed by John O;Mahoney, who also travelled throughout the entire county to every GAA function etc,

I also recall that not all of the FG members voted for her to be Mayor of Ballina in the year before the election. Odd that.

Now Dara Calleary is well established, a Minister for State, working hard. and won't be dislodged that easily

Michelle would make a very good TD but did not get a fair shake from her party in the last election.

Advertisement