Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW problems

• 11-07-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

just changed the engine on my 1992 scirocco 1.8 ,changed the oel and filter and all this.
    now there is my problem ,the buzzer for the oel is comming on after a wile ,so i changed the oelpressure switch still the same,there is the right amount of oel in it ,15W40 semi in all .
    so i wonder could it be the oel pump?
    I need to say that on the old engine thesame problem happen but only when i drove it hard:D:D:D.
    so any one with any sugestion please......
    i will attach a pick for the sacke of it,its my baby after all .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Oil pump would be changed with the engine.
    If you changed the oil pressure switch that isnt the problem. Does you car have an oil level warning seperate to oil pressure?
    Could the strainer in the sump be partially blocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Firstly you need to do an oil pressure check to confirm that you actually have sufficient oil pressure.

I assume that that's the same engine as in a Golf GTI. I can't remember correctly but something in the back of my head tells me that there are two oil pressure switches on some 1.8 engines. One switch is normally closed while the other is normally open. One warning buzzer only comes on after 2,000rpm or so. Be sure that you have the correct switch in the correct location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭volker 991

crosstownk wrote: »
    Firstly you need to do an oil pressure check to confirm that you actually have sufficient oil pressure.

I assume that that's the same engine as in a Golf GTI. I can't remember correctly but something in the back of my head tells me that there are two oil pressure switches on some 1.8 engines. One switch is normally closed while the other is normally open. One warning buzzer only comes on after 2,000rpm or so. Be sure that you have the correct switch in the correct location.

thanks for that , you right with the 1.8 but its a carb model twin webber.
    same as the GTI in a nutshel.
    As far as i remember there is only one oil switch on this model, i had a few dismantels in my time, never came across this problem before.
    the switch i am talking about is on the head right side .
    according to the hynes book its the only switch.
    i will try the filter on the pump tomorrow.

thanks for the replys so far.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

I am pretty sure crosstownk has it right. It was a common problem years ago. One switch is for idle and one for 2k rpm.

I am pretty sure crosstownk has it right. It was a common problem years ago. One switch is for idle and one for 2k rpm.

Ah ok,i will have a look for it so ,i hope crosstownk is right be a pain to take the sump of .
    so i asume once you trigger the 2k switch even when the reffs gp back to idle the light will stay on and it keeps on buzzing:mad:.
    Because i tried and when i switch it off it goes away untill the reffs go high again:(.
    sound like crosstownk is right .........:):rolleyes:now i ONLY have to FIND the switch.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

More than likely it will be at the oil filter or very close to it.

Slidey wrote: »
    oh yeah , i remember something there yes,just have to find the cable with the right code now , will about later , and thanks to all for your great help:)

Slidey wrote: »
    Slidey, you a walking guide,you where right ,it was on the filter,did not see the cable(must be blind:o).
    connected it and e vola it works and the buzzer is of and so is the light.
    thanks again.I should have known ,but my exuse is i had the engine out for almost half a year.
    well worth the work she drives like a bullet.:):D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Glad you sorted it!

I installed an instrument cluster from a GTI into 1.1 quite a few years ago. I had to earth the pin at the back of the dash cluster to stop the buzzer as the 1.1 engine didn't have the switch.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Glad you sorted it!

I installed an instrument cluster from a GTI into 1.1 quite a few years ago. I had to earth the pin at the back of the dash cluster to stop the buzzer as the 1.1 engine didn't have the switch.

LOL:D:D.i say that was fun ,the instrument clusters are build with people with hands as small as babys:D:D.
    My mate and me we planted a 1.8 GTI in a scirocco1.6 carburatur(soory about the spelling i am german and a bit dislecsic),i tell you that was fun,new lum and all that craic.
    and never mind the antirollbars what we needed to put in and crossmembers ...etc just to keep the bastard strait on the road ,well 2 years later and it works:D.
    thanks for the help again.
    are you working long on VW then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement