Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Space - this is sick!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

I need to be there now!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

And rekids score the improbable hit for the summer for the second time (grindhouse last year).
    Actually prefer the original of that track but sure as you can see the Len Faki remix does the business for the big rooms (and boy does it do it well).

Wonder if anyone has any videos of the uplifting piano house that's apparently huge over there at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

jtsuited wrote: »
    And rekids score the improbable hit for the summer for the second time (grindhouse last year).
    Actually prefer the original of that track but sure as you can see the Len Faki remix does the business for the big rooms (and boy does it do it well).

Wonder if anyone has any videos of the uplifting piano house that's apparently huge over there at the moment?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :D
    Wondered when that was going to crop up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Was at that, and tbh, it actually wasnt up to much. Hopefully Dubfire will be better on Tuesday. I'll have a review up on RA soon. After party in Luciano's tonight....it's a hard life! Can anyone tell me the name of that track by the way?

PS - No sign of Jonny's "uplifting piano house" unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Was at that, and tbh, it actually wasnt up to much. Hopefully Dubfire will be better on Tuesday. I'll have a review up on RA soon. After party in Luciano's tonight....it's a hard life! Can anyone tell me the name of that track by the way?

it's dustin zahn's Stanger to Stability (Len Faki Podium mix or something). The original track is whopper too. It's on Rekids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

you've not been to El Divino then?

Went there on the 2nd night as nowhere else was open. I doubt you'd even like it Johnny, the tunes were awful, i think the name of the night was kidology? But i could be wrong...

Went there on the 2nd night as nowhere else was open. I doubt you'd even like it Johnny, the tunes were awful, i think the name of the night was kidology? But i could be wrong...

El Divino is probably my favourite club on the Island, that view from the terrace alone is stunning and ive had some of the best nites there mostly @ MN2S which unless im mistaken are not having a night this summer in Ibiza for some reason (i stand corrected on that but they don't appear to be on in El Divino)

Kidology is funky house is it not (again i stand corrected) so if it is chances are id like it, Defected in the House is usually a top night for Soulful and Funky House as well as is Fierce Angels who have moved from E's Vive Hotel to El Divino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

Jay D wrote: »

Sounds like 10 mins of S***e to me , just annoying distorted sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 spc

Get travelling around the island, find out what drew people there before the club kulture

Superclubs are great but the best are the free parties, getting to know good people and places

• Advertisement

Is 'sick' 'good'?

At the start of the Donk song one member of the Blackout Posee Crew tells another that the tune is 'well sick'.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Sounds like 10 mins of S***e to me , just annoying distorted sounds.

I agree, sounds ****ing awful but I think I'd put that down to to Youtube's beautiful sound quality.
    Despite that video, the track might actually be good!

jonny68 wrote: »
    El Divino is probably my favourite club on the Island, that view from the terrace alone is stunning and ive had some of the best nites there mostly @ MN2S which unless im mistaken are not having a night this summer in Ibiza for some reason (i stand corrected on that but they don't appear to be on in El Divino)

Kidology is funky house is it not (again i stand corrected) so if it is chances are id like it, Defected in the House is usually a top night for Soulful and Funky House as well as is Fierce Angels who have moved from E's Vive Hotel to El Divino.

Yeah, that was the one. As someone who tends to take their music quite seriously Johnny, how do you see the attraction in the place. Noone was there for the music, great view though I agree. No mn2s, you'd be right there. I don't really think u can compare the atmos in ED to somewhere like cocoon or we love space in fairness mate....

Yeah, that was the one. As someone who tends to take their music quite seriously Johnny, how do you see the attraction in the place. Noone was there for the music, great view though I agree. No mn2s, you'd be right there. I don't really think u can compare the atmos in ED to somewhere like cocoon or we love space in fairness mate....

Ive been to We Love and i had a better time in the day when it wasn't as full,Space pack them in like sardines and im gone beyond being cramped to bits in clubs (i done it for long enough) plus the Italian posers who stand there posing and leering at women and not even enjoying the music or vibe , having said all of that Groove Armada were fantastic and i did have a great time until it got dangerously overcrowded (not that €€€€ Space care), not been to Cocoon so cant comment but being one of the more popular nights in Ibiza i would assumee its' chocker all the time,cant really do seriously packed clubs anymore it just irritates me!!

El Divino is just perfect for me, it's not massive and has a really nice vibe about it,and it's probably the only club where Funky/Soulful House is played most of the time, what is Boho like by the way?Also the Zoo Project im hearing good reports about it, have drinks prices dropped much?

spc wrote: »
    Get travelling around the island, find out what drew people there before the club kulture

Superclubs are great but the best are the free parties, getting to know good people and places

agree 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Also the Zoo Project im hearing good reports about it, have drinks prices dropped much?

are you asking about the island or zoo project? zoo project was never too bad, least u can get the spanish beers for cheap.

the island though, no. well from what i've been reading on spotlight they havent.

Ive been to We Love and i had a better time in the day when it wasn't as full,
    fair enough point

Space pack them in like sardines and im gone beyond being cramped to bits in clubs (i done it for long enough) plus the Italian posers who stand there posing and leering at women and not even enjoying the music or vibe

surely better than the knackers in the asylum johnny in fairness

, having said all of that Groove Armada were fantastic and i did have a great time until it got dangerously overcrowded (not that €€€€ Space care),

It's not too bad this year compared to August last year.....not a very nice experience when it was that packed i agree. Coxy OP was on the other night and they closed the terrace ffs!

not been to Cocoon so cant comment but being one of the more popular nights in Ibiza i would assumee its' chocker all the time,cant really do seriously packed clubs anymore it just irritates me!!

You should, unbelievable atmosphere

El Divino is just perfect for me, it's not massive and has a really nice vibe about it,and it's probably the only club where Funky/Soulful House is played most of the time, what is Boho like by the way?Also the Zoo Project im hearing good reports about it, have drinks prices dropped much?

Haven't been to Boho as its in San An and I'm in PDB .....and on a budget. The Zoo is really cool, such a pity it closes at 12 though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

gsparx wrote: »
    I agree, sounds ****ing awful but I think I'd put that down to to Youtube's beautiful sound quality.
    Despite that video, the track might actually be good!

Erm maybe it's your speakers to be fair. :eek:
    spc wrote: »

c'mon get it together lads, if we wanted that we could go to Lanzarote. Actually maybe that's where you should go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

headin over 1st aug, on the sun we see zabiela, monday hawtin and vath, tuesday cox and fanciulli, thursday sasha relax friday home saturday.

cant wait..im an "island" virgin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Ibiza is cock - i have been and had a great time but its too damn expensive especially into the superclubs, ya cant have a drink without feeling guilty at the cost of it plus as John said, the clubs get fcuking packed, how do you enjoy this !!!! Berlin is the place to be - first for the new sounds too, no beaches though:mad:

• Advertisement

empirix wrote: »
    Ibiza is cock - i have been and had a great time but its too damn expensive especially into the superclubs, ya cant have a drink without feeling guilty at the cost of it plus as John said, the clubs get fcuking packed, how do you enjoy this !!!! Berlin is the place to be - first for the new sounds too, no beaches though:mad:

The clubs are pricey, so what? Build a bridge and get over it. If you're that poor you really shouldn't be going to Ibiza, simple. The price of drinks are way ott and the bottles smaller but the secret there is to actually dance rather than lashing back beer after beer.

One of my best nights ever was sober in Amnesia. Problem solved.

While I believe Berlin's got some seriously good nights and drink in any club I was ever in there very reasonable, you can't plan a week's clubbing there can you? Is there bar after bar buzzing with people in Berlin? Also being in a city such as Berlin after a good night out hasn't got the same laid back feel to it as waking up in sunny Ibiza now has it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aidan kelly

I've never been to Ibiza, I always wanted to go but I never got around to it. The thought of paying €20 for a beer would disenfranchise me though, I don't want to drink "beer after beer", but I do enjoy a drink when I'm out, even just to sip, and I'd really object to the sorts of prices charged in Ibiza. Everyone I know who's been to Berlin says it is rocking, a great city and a brilliant club scene. Airbound in Croatia is the best bet for sun, sand, music and reasonable prices this summer, it's looking like a brilliant festival tbh.

so we come to the conclusion that Ibiza is crap for a few reasons.

1> A lot of people can't afford it.
    2> People suffer anxiety from the cost of enjoying Ibiza and therefore can't go.
    3> Sky One, chavtastic tv

among others :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Jay D wrote: »
    The clubs are pricey, so what? Build a bridge and get over it. If you're that poor you really shouldn't be going to Ibiza, simple. The price of drinks are way ott and the bottles smaller but the secret there is to actually dance rather than lashing back beer after beer.

One of my best nights ever was sober in Amnesia. Problem solved.

While I believe Berlin's got some seriously good nights and drink in any club I was ever in there very reasonable, you can't plan a week's clubbing there can you? Is there bar after bar buzzing with people in Berlin? Also being in a city such as Berlin after a good night out hasn't got the same laid back feel to it as waking up in sunny Ibiza now has it?
    well actualy Berlin is sunny most days of summer and there is a scene there for every night of the week, obviously its not a tourist getaway like ibiza but some of the clubs are far superior to ibiza, yes you candance th enight away but people would rather do it with a few drinks - no? let alone the 50 quid entry fee. but hey it was just my opinion, go spend your money if you want, i wont be again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

done a bit of research into getting into the clubs cheaper and the pre parties seem to be the best to get the tickets a good bit cheaper. and drinkin in the club is highly unlikely for us. booze all day on the cheap, hit the clubs with a few of the other things.. sorted. each to their own of course

Advertisement