Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 870?

Options
  • 11-07-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have a few questions since im interested in buying one ...

Do they ALL come with screw in chokes? I see on shoot.ie that is a modified "Remchoke". Is Remchoke screw in? Because i would like a full choke. :D And to be able to switch between chokes.

Is it illegal to have capacity for more than 3 rounds? Or is it illegal to put in more than 3 rounds? Because i wont be having any of that.

Is it any harder to licence?

How ... HOW awesome is this gun???! Is it good value for €497? Any owners write me a short (or long) review?

Many Spanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Only thing i can help with is number of rounds,as far as i know it's not possible to have more than 3 on board at a time,not a clue about 870 i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

3 or modified to shoot 10 rounds,it is a fine gun .Proably THE pump action shotgun.Its not illegal ASFIK ...Yet to have over three shot,it just becomes a question of wether it is restricted or unrestricted to liscense.
    As for the barrels,well there is a huge selection of various types,so you can pick and choose what you want.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Killguru wrote: »
    I have a few questions since im interested in buying one ...

Do they ALL come with screw in chokes? I see on shoot.ie that is a modified "Remchoke". Is Remchoke screw in? Because i would like a full choke. :D And to be able to switch between chokes.

Is it illegal to have capacity for more than 3 rounds? Or is it illegal to put in more than 3 rounds? Because i wont be having any of that.

Is it any harder to licence?

How ... HOW awesome is this gun???! Is it good value for €497? Any owners write me a short (or long) review?

Many Spanks

Yep, the RemChoke system is interchangeable, afaik hey come with one Imp. Mod. choke as standard. I bought a super full turkey-choke for mine tho :)

Indestructible machine. Literally. Feeds EVERYTHING you throw into it; never, EVER jams or misfeeds (in my experience anyway).

Buy it - you shall not be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

The one thing I've noticed about the 870 is that you need longish arms to operate it properly, in order to get a good grip on the rack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Killguru

Thanks everyone! :)

Ill be getting one in a few months id say. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Killguru wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! :)

Ill be getting one in a few months id say. :D

One word of advice: enjoy :cool:

Advertisement