Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eotech 556 Holosight switching off at the least bit of vibration.

Options
  • 12-07-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Bought one of the A.C.M. Eotech 556 Holosights a while back,
    and it was a dud, so returned it and got a new one which thankfully worked.

It was sitting on my shelf without ever been used and when
    I got my AGM M4 GBB I decided that it was perfect to stick on top of it.

So I stick it on top the rail, fire a few shots and I notice that
    every time a fire a shot the Eotech switches itself off!!!!!!!

Experiment a bit more, every time I switch it on, the slighest tap, or a bit of a shake or movement and it switches itself off again.

As the Eotech has a button to switch colours from Red to Green, I tested it on the Green Colour and it works fine.
    It seems to be only on the Red colour. But the green colour the reticle is not showing up as strong as it used to.
    Batteries are brand new.

Anyone any suggestions on what it could be?
    Dodgy LED? loose connection.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

It just wasn't designed to handle the vibration caused by the agms blowback, i've heard a few reports of this happening. Maybe if the battery was more secure in it, it might not happen? No idea though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It could be that you need new batterys, the gree colour wastes more power than hte red which explains why its dimmer.
    It could also be the case that your eotech has a switch inside that prevents it from being used on a real firearm. i know this is the case with my own. :)

Advertisement