Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picasa

• 12-07-2009 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi
    Using Picasa, is it possible to remove text from a photographs once I have saved it? I inserted dates on my photographs to help with doing a photobook and would like to remove them now without having to re-scan them (they are all old photographs). Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

You could try the "retouch" button in Picasa would probably take you an age to do if youve a lot of pics to get tru,Or depending were the date/time are positioned on the pic you could crop it out ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lola1

Thanks, I've tried that but I have about 60 photographs to do so I thought I would see if there is an easier way to do it! I have managed to re-crop some of them but it doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Ok ,so have ya taught about downloading Lightroom ? You can do a 30 day free trial that would get ya out of a hole ? :D

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/lightroom/free-trial.html

Many thanks, am just doing that now and will see if I get any joy there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

picasa keeps copies of each file you edit , so you should just select "Undo saved " button , and go back to where you want - it is quite good

• Advertisement

Thanks but unfortunately when I click on Undo all edits it undoes everything EXCEPT the text I inserted i.e. the dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Just a thought but when you double click on a photograph to open it up in the editing section, go to the add text and click on clear all and apply it should disappear.

That didn't work! It will only clear the text which has just been inserted, not text which has already been saved. Thanks anyway.

I added text to a photograph and saved it, but when I went back to it and
    clicked on "clear all" and "Save" it removed it, also if you untick the little box beside "Text" box which says "show text" the text disappears also.:)

What version of Picasa are you using?

I'm using Picasa 3. However, your solution doesn't work because I had already saved the changes i.e. text, to disk so I don't get the option of Clear All. I think that will only work if I hadn't saved the changes to disk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

A lesson learned, do not overwrite your originals, edit copies only.

You are absolutely right - well, you learn something every day - hopefully!

Guess it is down to cloning so :( Always a good idea to save your originals as originals and do any processing on a copy, yes it takes up more space but you always have the original as back up.

Advertisement