Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to buy an eee pc... Any ideas where to start?

• 12-07-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey, I'm looking to buy an eee pc but I'm a bit tight on cash. I think I'm gonna get the 901... I know that this isn't the cheapest one on the market but it just seems to do what I want. Does anyone know where I could get a good deal? I should say I would get the windows version and probably in black.
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

901 is dated now at this point, I'd go for something like this Acer Aspire One
    Here @ Expansys for €179.99 + €25 delivery.
    Hasn't XP on it but does have decent specs, Atom CPU, 1GB Ram and 160GB HDD with 8.9" screen same as 901.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sammypsammy

majiktripp wrote: »
    901 is dated now at this point, I'd go for something like this Acer Aspire One
    Here @ Expansys for €179.99 + €25 delivery.
    Hasn't XP on it but does have decent specs, Atom CPU, 1GB Ram and 160GB HDD with 8.9" screen same as 901.

Yeah, that does look like a half decent netbook... For a reasonable price too! Only thing is that if I am to believe the reviews it only has 2 hours battery life and I don't think that's really enough to bring it out on the move! Unless there is some sort of battery pack...? I guess the aspire one is Linux so?

What I'm planning on doing is, since i've got some work recently, buying a new desktop computer and a netbook. I was initially going to buy a laptop but since I won't be bringing it out too much I thought this might be a better option!

Advertisement