Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Law and Graffiti.

Options
  • 12-07-2009 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I wanna know all about it, how much trouble one would be in for partaking in graffiti and such.

Links would be helpful, if you dont feel like typing alot.

cheers.

I dont break the law, swear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Victor wrote: »

Ok, after reading that Iv decided that.. its best not to get caught. Thanks Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Ok, after reading that Iv decided that.. its best not to get caught. Thanks Victor.

It's actually best not to do it

EDIT: and thats the mildest response that's likely to come along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if youre going to do graffiti, for the love of god do something aesthetically pleasing, interesting and intelligent (or perhaps politically relevant) instead of some godawful tag badly sprayed every 4 yards

Helix wrote: »
    if youre going to do graffiti, for the love of god do something aesthetically pleasing, interesting and intelligent (or perhaps politically relevant) instead of some godawful tag badly sprayed every 4 yards

Stensils my man, well done stensils :)

• Advertisement

good man

do everyone a favour and paint over any "anto waz ere" crap will you

while i wouldnt particularly want graffiti, if given the choice between some with artistic merit and the usual uneducated scrawl, ill take the former every time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I like graffiti that makes me smile.

But yeah, tags and crap, no, no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

where exactly do you intend to do this?

and what gives you the right to paint on someone else property?

or are you only posting here to get some sort of reaction?

Martron wrote: »
    where exactly do you intend to do this?

and what gives you the right to paint on someone else property?

or are you only posting here to get some sort of reaction?

Im posting here because I live in a small town on the Dublin East Coast. I dont come across graffiti very often and when I do.. its the scrawl others have mentioned before "Sifona woz ere" seems to be a popular one, and "ollf" which Im told stands for "Organisation of Latvian and Lithuanian Fighers,"

I intend on doing this along the harbour area of the town and maybe on the public toilets dotted around the town. I doubt the rest of the public will view it as any more than graffiti.. but it will at least show ppl that there's more to the art form than the crap thats everywhere.

I never said I had the right to paint on someone else's property, noone does, but it happens.

Ah I suck at writing these things I always get lost in my own thoughts. I basically wanted to know what I could be in for if I were to be caught in the act :)

yeah i dont think what you are say makes any sense.

you dont like other people graffiti so you you replace it with your own.

you go on about art, but you seem quite confident that people will like your art dotted all around your town.

i wont . graffiti is graffiti. its wrong, its hideous and really degrades the apperance of any town.

if graffiti looked good as a decoration the local CoCo would paint everything in that style.

if you are so intent on painting in public places go get a can of white paint and paint over all the other stuff.

• Advertisement

tbh id rather see something decent sprayed on walls than the endless mindless nonsense of scrawled writing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm a bit sick of graffiti around our area. Thankfully some of those responsible have been caught, with presecutions pending. :D

Why don't they just go paint on their own walls? I'm sure the side of your parents house would look lovely covered in your own graffiti. :rolleyes:

Helix wrote: »
    tbh id rather see something decent sprayed on walls than the endless mindless nonsense of scrawled writing

define decent?

would you like " decent" stuff sprayed all over your walls?
    TBH i think its illegal for a reason. its technically damaging someone elses property.

if somebody sprayed stuff all over your car how would you feel about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Enough. Closed. HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement