Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tat, not sure where to get it

Options
  • 12-07-2009 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hey guys, Im in San Francisco for the summer. Have been thinking of getting a tattoo for quite some time now and recently decided on what Id like. I just picked up from the artist today, his interpretation of what I gave him, and I have to say Im very impressed.
    Only thing is, Im not sure where to get it.
    Im fair skinned (freckles + farmers tan).
    Any ideas at all would be cool, I understand that its a personal decision but Id just like some ideas to throw around in my own head before I make a final decision.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

how big are you planning on getting it?

if it's biggish that sort of rules out arms and legs as the wings would wrap around too far, but then again if it's ickle it might be good on an upper arm.

my first instinct was to say upper back though.

have fun getting it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

shiote sorry should have putting somethings in the picture to mark it against! Its about 4.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches high if thats any help!

Im a bit worried about how itd look if i got it on my upper arm because of how it would look 'wrapped around'. I was thinking of having it kind of 'twirl' from the outside of my upper bicep to the inside of my bicep, just above my elbow crease.

That or on my top right/left shoulder blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

id go with upper back tbh

but obv up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I'd go bigger with the tattoo. The artist can fit more detail in that way, I think you'll run the risk of it looking like a bubblegum "tattoo" if you go too small. I think its a nice design and should be givin the size, detail and and quality itt deserves. As for placement, I'd go with the calf area, side or back of it would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Upper back would look cool, but try keep it central. personall i'd have it scaled so the wingtips would end just before your shoulderblades.. Might be making it a bit small then though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement