Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch party

Options
  • 12-07-2009 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭

hi all,

we are thinking of getting tickets for the pitch party in ballinhassig 2009

two of my favourate artists are playing only their website lacks real information eg Price of tickets, or when the gigs are on, or does a ticket cover more than one day...etc has anyone here ever gone to one (if so what was it like?) and or have any information n this years one? ive seen the poster on the bandon road roundabout but as i'm living in douglas im finding it hard to get information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Good Morning,

What is a Pitch Party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i dont know like i said im trying to gather what exactly it is, from what i can make out, it is a festival type weekend thing (i thought it would be a day thing but it has various bands on various dates and the two i like are on saturday and sunday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beee

You'll find all the details here. Candlelover, East Village in Douglas are selling tickets. They're putting up a marquee, we're very proud!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beee

Durr forgot to post the link: http://pitchparty2009.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 prettylaidback

Does anyone have any ideas on transport from the city??? There is no local transport, taxis = expensive, no organised mini-buses... ticket bought.... ANY suggestions??? Two of us have tickets for Fred tonight, headin out somehow, anyone fancy sharing a cab??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I only live five minutes away, I really should've gone down and had a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

it was great fun actually, the merries was brilliant,me, my oh and his mum got a bit dizzy on the waltzers, they were really fast and he left us on them for over 5 minutes cause it wasnt busy! :pac:

the camogie blitz was funny they had random balls to use instead of slioters e.g rugby ball,mini basketball, and it was the mothers of the kids who were playing!

john spillane was fantastic as always :) and i heard mick flannery was good but people were busy talking through the whole thing whic ruined it a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

Candlelover,
    Who was the guy playing the whistle with john spillane?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Connie-Kal

We saw Mick Flannery and the Irish Weavers. Two great acts. I really went to see Mick Flannery but the noise from the bar area spoiled the show for me. Next year they should concentrate on the louder sounds unless they intend to properly supervise the marquee / or put the bar in another tent (preferable, but I suppose they are sponsoring it and that is unlikely to happen.) Otherwise, really well run and was enjoyable.

Advertisement