Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung L810 Help needed!

• 12-07-2009 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Folks I bought recently the samsung L810 and for the life of me cannot figure out how to transfere music from the computer to the phone.

I bought a 4gb memory card with the phone.

I am really stumped can anyone help.

I like many have windows media player.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Does it come with it's own software?

Does it appear as a drive in Windows Explorer?

Does Media Player recognise it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Does it come with it's own software?

Does it appear as a drive in Windows Explorer?

Does Media Player recognise it?

Thanks for coming back to me. Yes it comes with its own software. I loaded the drivers and the software cant figure it though.

It also has an option to configure windows media which I also tried. I still cant figure it though

This is a classic case of you follow the instuctions right to the end but you just cant turn the bloody key cause there is no instructions for that.

It needs somone to actually tell you what they done! Thanks again

You only answered one of my questions. :D

If you go to the Sync option in Media Player, with the device connected, is it listed there (top-right corner)?

And does it show up in Windows Explorer as a drive?

You only answered one of my questions. :D

If you go to the Sync option in Media Player, with the device connected, is it listed there (top-right corner)?

And does it show up in Windows Explorer as a drive?

Yes it shows but it says it syncing but it seems to take forever. Like maybe an hour or 2 if I left it that long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What OS are you using? I think vista uses different software package, you can download it from the samsung site.

When you connect the phone to the pc do you get a new hardware found notification?

• Advertisement

Yes it shows but it says it syncing but it seems to take forever. Like maybe an hour or 2 if I left it that long!

You know, it could take that long, depending on the speed of the USB connection and the number of songs. Not forgetting the read/write speed of the memory card. :)

How many songs are you syncing?

You know, it could take that long, depending on the speed of the USB connection and the number of songs. Not forgetting the read/write speed of the memory card. :)

How many songs are you syncing?

I am not sync anything at the moment I have connected it and it says syncing! I am leaving it to see what it does.

The disk says nothing about the o/s but i have vista.

I will leave to sync for the moment having not selected a song I will leat it sync for a while and see what happens.

I am not sync anything at the moment I have connected it and it says syncing! I am leaving it to see what it does.

Sounds like it is doing an initial first sync, which would take a while, I would imagine.

There is most likely a setting in Media Player that you can set to prevent this (when the devices is not connected).

Sounds like it is doing an initial first sync, which would take a while, I would imagine.

There is most likely a setting in Media Player that you can set to prevent this (when the devices is not connected).

Its finished now thanks you seem to be correct. I have another problem now.

The phone is not reading the files it is saying invalid link. Even though I have downloaded a couple

I have formatted the memory card aleady if that matters

Its finished now thanks you seem to be correct.

I seem to be correct? Pffft. :)
    The phone is not reading the files it is saying invalid link. Even though I have downloaded a couple

I have formatted the memory card aleady if that matters

I wonder if he files are in the correct format? Are they plain mp3s or are they protected? I have no knowledge of that phone, btw, I am really only guessing.

• Advertisement

I seem to be correct? Pffft. :)

I wonder if he files are in the correct format? Are they plain mp3s or are they protected? I have no knowledge of that phone, btw, I am really only guessing.

I dont know what that means but I have a music CD that i know wont be protected so will try that and let you know. Thanks again

My music is my CD's on computer I now want to transfer these to my phone how do I know if they are protected. i am using windows media player. Thanks

My music is my CD's on computer I now want to transfer these to my phone how do I know if they are protected. i am using windows media player. Thanks

You need to rip the CD first using Media Player. Make sure when you rip them that they are not in protected WMA format, either select unprotected wma or mp3 format. Then sync them to your phone.

You need to rip the CD first using Media Player. Make sure when you rip them that they are not in protected WMA format, either select unprotected wma or mp3 format. Then sync them to your phone.

Think I know what you mean. Will delete the CD's and reload them copy right protection turned off.

Thanks again will let you know how I get on

Tom / Davy Your help is much appreciated, special thanks to you tom as you sticked with me.

Quick question in the format for downloading I have selected the following

Download as MP3

Quality: BEST

Although the best quality is slow would it be best to select best quality going forward as if i lost my CD's at least i have the MP3 at its best format.

Advertisement