Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Catalytic Converter

• 12-07-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have an 03 VW Passat and the catalytic converter is after going on it. My local VW garage is telling my its going to cost upwards of €1200 to replace. Can anyone tell me if they know anywhere that will replace it for me for cheaper around dublin. (cant drive it far cause smoke is coming out of the engine like mad)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

That depends on the part, if the cat is part of the exhaust manifold you will have to purchace it from main dealer. In that case it will be expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Is it petrol or diesel ?

I have a 01 Passat and I was quoted €600 from a main dealer and €400 from Advanced Pitstop. But it depends on the part. I ended up buying the part online for €200 and fitting it myself. I've since found the part cheaper elsewhere here: www.onlineautomotive.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Its petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

cotwold wrote: »
    Hey, I have an 03 VW Passat and the catalytic converter is after going on it. My local VW garage is telling my its going to cost upwards of €1200 to replace. Can anyone tell me if they know anywhere that will replace it for me for cheaper around dublin. (cant drive it far cause smoke is coming out of the engine like mad)

If you have excess smoke coming from the engine OP then you have a separate issue here that you need to get resolved before you replace the catalytic converter. Sounds like an oil consumption problem...

Advertisement