Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broken pc - is it fixable without new parts?

• 12-07-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hey guys,

a couple of days ago i was using my pc. suddenly the bsod(blue screen of death) appeared. i turned the pc of and back on again. all seemed normal. then the next day when i turned it on it tells me that the primary hard drive 0 is not detected. Any ideas???? Can my data be recovered if the drive is unfixable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

buy a new hd , install windows, plug old hd in as second hd .. see if files available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hold on, what are the specs of the pc?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

is the drive making any click or clunk type noises ?

Advertisement