Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will MICHEAL OWEN be a success at Man Utd ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

flahavaj wrote: »
    This would all be well and good if you were championing a player who had shown even a hint of being a club legend. But you're not. You're suggesting NANI!!!

He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he could even be good enough to be an impact sub, not to mind a club legend.

So Anderson and Rooney, two others players mentioned, are ignored, but Nani is picked on. fine.

Do you agree Nani has the talent required to be a great player?

If no - I disagree.

If yes, then it comes down to intelligence. If Nani can become smarter on the ball, he can be a great, truly great winger. He has a good shot, is a good crosser of the ball and has great pace and technique. He has the attributes required to be a great winger and a great player for us. Putting them to proper use has been an issue, a massive one.

nani would not be my first choice, but he'd get my vote ahead of a player who has done nothing for United and little over the last 4 years.

I do think Owen has the potential to be a great signing, but in no way do I think he will ever become an iconic player for us the way previous number 7's have. Does this mean I think he will be bad, no. it simply means I think there are players who would have been better picks.

I really don't think Nani has it in him. Giving it to Ronaldo proved inspired at the time and he certainly lived up to the prestige of the jersey. I don't see Nani as having the same potential sadly. In fact I don't see him starting a whole load of games next season, so giving him No 7 would make little sense.

Ronaldo lived up to the prestige did he, here was me thinking every was against me in saying the number 7 meant anything....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So Anderson and Rooney, two others players mentioned, are ignored, but Nani is picked on. fine.

Go back and read my posts again, I said Rooney was worthy. Anderson I view as a decent squad player, nothing more, certainly not a club great in the mould of the guys YOU brought up like Robson, Beckham and Cantona. I If you go to the trouble of reading carefully, you'll see that I singled out Valencia, Anderson and Nani, although I did reerve particular derision for Nani as the worst of your choices.

Do you agree Nani has the talent required to be a great player?

If no - I disagree.

If yes, then it comes down to intelligence. If Nani can become smarter on the ball, he can be a great, truly great winger. He has a good shot, is a good crosser of the ball and has great pace and technique. He has the attributes required to be a great winger and a great player for us. Putting them to proper use has been an issue, a massive one.
    He has shown nothing to suggest he has any of the attributes, mental or footballing to become a player in the mould of the guys you so eloquently spoke about. Quite frankly mentioning him in the same breath as men of the calibre of Robson is an insult to them.
    nani would not be my first choice, but he'd get my vote ahead of a player who has done nothing for United and little over the last 4 years.

I do think Owen has the potential to be a great signing, but in no way do I think he will ever become an iconic player for us the way previous number 7's have. Does this mean I think he will be bad, no. it simply means I think there are players who would have been better picks.
    Owen is an established international with one of the best goalscoring records in the modern game. Yes, his career has taken a downturn the past few years, but even on past reputation he is still more qualified to be mentioned in the same breath as Robson and Cantona than an over priced squad player who has done nothing in the past year to suggest he will in any way ever amount to a player of any substance whatsoever.

Ronaldo lived up to the prestige did he, here was me thinking every was against me in saying the number 7 meant anything....

Just debating with you according to what YOU hold as important my good man.:D

Owen is an established international with one of the best goalscoring records in the modern game. Y

Owen is an established international who can't get into an international squad ahead of Rooney, Crouch, Heskey, Defoe, Bent and, tellingly, Carlton Cole. How can he be an established international if he never plays internationally? He used to be, sure, but he is not anymore.

Owen is an established international who can't get into an international squad ahead of Rooney, Crouch, Heskey, Defoe, Bent and, tellingly, Carlton Cole. How can he be an established international if he never plays internationally? He used to be, sure, but he is not anymore.

Personally I always thought he was good enough for that squad and a better player on his worst day than the likes of Carlton Cole on his best. Fergie obviously agrees.

Meanwhile Nani is a 17 million euro flop, whos most noteworthy contribution to United's cause is headbutting someone in the biggest game of his career, showing that not only his footballing skills are questionable, but his maturity and temperament as well.

Personally I always thought he was good enough for that squad and a better player on his worst day than the likes of Carlton Cole on his best. Fergie obviously agrees.

Meanwhile Nani is a 17 million euro flop, whos most noteworthy contribution to United's cause is headbutting someone in the biggest game of his career, showing that not only his footballing skills are questionable, but his maturity and temperament as well.

The biggest game of his career was a dead rubber (for us) against West Ham, and not the cup finals he played in, really?

I really can't see how people can question his skills. His intelligence and maturity, yeah. But his skills - not questionable imo.

The biggest game of his career was a dead rubber (for us) against West Ham, and not the cup finals he played in, really?
    FACEPALM. For some reason i had it in my head that he had been sent off in the Chelsea match the year before last. Nonetheless he hardly set those finals alight now did he?

I really can't see how people can question his skills. His intelligence and maturity, yeah. But his skills - not questionable imo.
    Skills are only a small part of what makes a decent player. If that were the case those guys who can keep the ball up a thousand times would be internationals.

Bottom line, the guy is at the moment not even guaranteed to start for United, in fact he'll be turfed out of the club if he doesn't pruduce this year. Not exactly grounds for putting a legendary jersey on his back.

FACEPALM. For some reason i had it in my head that he had been sent off in the Chelsea match the year before last. Nonetheless he hardly set those finals alight now did he?
    Skills are only a small part of what makes a decent player. If that were the case those guys who can keep the ball up a thousand times would be internationals.

I disagree, kinda.

By skills I mean practical skills.

I believe he is a very good crosser of the ball. the issue is when played on the left he takes too long to cross. It is not his skill at crossing that is the problem, it is his application - his intelligence and maturity.

He has a very good shot - but not the intelligence or maturity to pick out the right time to shoot.

He is quick.

He can dribble.

He has a very good touch.

His problem is not in his ability to manipulate the football, but in his application of those abilities - his intelligence and maturity. I think both would improve if given proper game time, which he has not been given.

• Advertisement

I disagree, kinda.

By skills I mean practical skills.

I believe he is a very good crosser of the ball. the issue is when played on the left he takes too long to cross. It is not his skill at crossing that is the problem, it is his application - his intelligence and maturity.

He has a very good shot - but not the intelligence or maturity to pick out the right time to shoot.

He is quick.

He can dribble.

He has a very good touch.

His problem is not in his ability to manipulate the football, but in his application of those abilities - his intelligence and maturity. I think both would improve if given proper game time, which he has not been given.

I disagree with very little of this to be fair. And if he learns the things you say he needs to learn, by all means make him United's number 7. Until then , he'll be nothing but an ineffective squad player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

mormank wrote: »
    how would that be wrong exactly?? the simple fact is that if ye didnt have ronnie the past two seasons ye almost definitely would not have won the league or CL. the same cannot be said about rooney.
    This is absolute bollox. We wouldn't have won the league this season without Rooney. He and Ronaldo are the only two attacking players you can say that about. They were equally important to the team.
    ronnie was best player in the world while at utd for the past two seasons or so, how can you say that the best player in the world isnt as important as rooney to utd??
    I didn't say he wasn't as important as Rooney. Why don't you just calm the fook down and actually read what i said before you start getting all high and mighty with your rant?
    i know what you will say (but we dont play as well without rooney in the team blah blah blah)
    In what way do you think talking like that is going to help the discussion?
    and let me pre empt that by saying that the exact same could be said of rio, big vid etc but that doesnt mean they are AS IMPORTANT as ronnie was!!!
    We would have won fook all without Rio and Vidic too. It is a team game and our defence has been a massive part of our success.

All i was saying was that Rooney doesn't deserve to be put in Ronaldo's shadow. Hardly worth getting all worked up over is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

In fairness to Mitch, Nani showed far more potential at Sporting than Ronaldo did, in fact their scoring records don't even match. Nani scored 9 league goals in 58 games, compared to Ronaldo's 3 in 25 games. United played sporting in a friendly and Gary Neville begged the boss to sign, if the legend is to believed.

Its just a case of he still shows immaturity sometimes not knowing when to pass at the right time and only take a shot when he has a clear chance, not to try and prove himself to the United fans with absurd hollywood shots on goals which other clubs will tolerate, not United. He has plenty of potential and given he scored 4 goals in 39 games in his first two seasons proves he has not had as much of a run of games than Ronaldo did who scored 9 in 52 games in his first two seasons. Even in his thrid season Ronaldo 'only' scored 9 in 33 league games whch is great as a winger but not unbelievable.

In his last two seasons Ronaldo exploded (49 goals in 77 games) which shows how important he was to us, but who could have predicted it when he first signed? This is what Mitch means when he talks about potential, he has as much skill and has a technically better open play shot than Ronaldo (ignore the wonder goal against Porto of course). I am looking forward to seeing Nani AND Valencia this season, overall they look like very fast and balanced wingers and now we can see how Berbatov and Rooney/ Owen play through the middle. :D

Ill finish on this point, Ronaldo asisted in 10 goals over the last two seasons, the same amount as Nani who we already established played in almost exactly half of the games as his countryman in that same period (Ronaldo played in 77 games, Nani in 39 games). So as a true winger the stats do compare for the two, its just up to Nani himself to fulfil the potential and become a United legend.

In fairness to Mitch, Nani showed far more potential at Sporting than Ronaldo did, in fact their scoring records don't even match. Nani scored 9 league goals in 58 games, compared to Ronaldo's 3 in 25 games. United played sporting in a friendly and Gary Neville begged the boss to sign, if the legend is to believed.

Its just a case of he still shows immaturity sometimes not knowing when to pass at the right time and only take a shot when he has a clear chance, not to try and prove himself to the United fans with absurd hollywood shots on goals which other clubs will tolerate, not United. He has plenty of potential and given he scored 4 goals in 39 games in his first two seasons proves he has not had as much of a run of games than Ronaldo did who scored 9 in 52 games in his first two seasons. Even in his thrid season Ronaldo 'only' scored 9 in 33 league games whch is great as a winger but not unbelievable.

In his last two seasons Ronaldo exploded (49 goals in 77 games) which shows how important he was to us, but who could have predicted it when he first signed? This is what Mitch means when he talks about potential, he has as much skill and has a technically better open play shot than Ronaldo (ignore the wonder goal against Porto of course). I am looking forward to seeing Nani AND Valencia this season, overall they look like very fast and balanced wingers and now we can see how Berbatov and Rooney/ Owen play through the middle. :D

Ill finish on this point, Ronaldo asisted in 10 goals over the last two seasons, the same amount as Nani who we already established played in almost exactly half of the games as his countryman in that same period (Ronaldo played in 77 games, Nani in 39 games). So as a true winger the stats do compare for the two, its just up to Nani himself to fulfil the potential and become a United legend.

You're honestly saying that statistics aside, from what you've seen of both men you regard Nani as as good a prospect as Ronaldo at similar points intheir careers? I mean seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

ntlbell wrote: »
    They were discussing it on mutv there was no confirmation tho, just lots of laughter.

but who gives a f*ck.

Until i see the photoshoot, i wont be believing it...

Not that it would be that big deal but It seems a little odd with the laughter and all, I would agree with Nani or Valencia getting it or maybe even Welbeck, who i have great faith in...

What I am saying is simple, hindsight is a beautiful gift you seem to posess. :p Would you have guessed Ronaldo would be so great after his first two seasons? We all moaned and groaned at him and most were shouting to get rid of him.

In fact as I recall most people were saying that Fergie lost the plot replacing a wonderful David Beckham with a 'one trick pony' like ronaldo who was a winger that did not create a huge amount of goals.

At the time most people were saying the preferred Ole to play on that wing, as Ronaldo was wasting so many chances and not crossing when he was supposed to, after all he is a winger isn't he???. But then he raised his game and went on to be the superstar he became, all within three seasons.

After needing a few seasons to acclimatise himself to the vigours of the EPL, he did it, and maybe Nani can do it too. Nani created as many chances as Ronaldo did and played in far less games, if he has a good run of it this season he might very well get over the mental block of living up to Ronaldo and step up to the mark :D . This year he will have a pre season unlike last year and so will Berbatov, who scored 9 goals last year and was second only to Van Persie in creating goals last year in the entire EPL whoch is impressive considering he was supposed to have a nightmare first season with us.

• Advertisement

What I am saying is simple, hindsight is a beautiful gift you seem to posess. :p Would you have guessed Ronaldo would be so great after his first two seasons? We all moaned and groaned at him and most were shouting to get rid of him.

In fact as I recall most people were saying that Fergie lost the plot replacing a wonderful David Beckham with a 'one trick pony' like ronaldo who was a winger that did not create a huge amount of goals.

At the time most people were saying the preferred Ole to play on that wing, as Ronaldo was wasting so many chances and not crossing when he was supposed to, after all he is a winger isn't he???. But then he raised his game and went on to be the superstar he became, all within three seasons.

After needing a few seasons to acclimatise himself to the vigours of the EPL, he did it, and maybe Nani can do it too. Nani created as many chances as Ronaldo did and played in far less games, if he has a good run of it this season he might very well get over the mental block of living up to Ronaldo and step up to the mark :D . This year he will have a pre season unlike last year and so will Berbatov, who scored 9 goals last year and was second only to Van Persie in creating goals last year in the entire EPL whoch is impressive considering he was supposed to have a nightmare first season with us.

You talk about hindsight yet your quite happy to use the benefit of it to point out that Ronaldo turned out to be class!?:pac:

It was quite obvious after 2 years that Ronaldo was an immense talent that just needed some fine tuning to become a really good player. Of course you could never have predicted the exponential improvement he underwent afterwards. Then again predicting the same improvement in Nani is absolutely ridiculous as 1. Nani hasn't shown half the potential that Ronaldo did at the same stage 2. Lightening is EXTREMELY unlikely to strike twice.

Obvious he was a talent eh? Don't make me laugh, the same people criticising Nani now and asking is he going to step into Ronaldo's shoes are the same people who wanted Ronaldo out as he was no like for like replacement for Beckham, and 'he should be stripped of the numger 7 shirt'.
    If you deny that happened well I dunno what to tell you, I was there and it was a dark time seemingly for United as they were in transition and had not won the title for 2 seasons and we were playing with the likes of David Bellion up front for a time due to a lack of depth in our squad. and our hopes seemed to be pinned on a skinny showboater from Madeira and the overwhelming voice of united supporters was to get rid of him and buy big as we need a world class central midfielder and a winger (sound familar?).

I remember one sky sports pundit program running a poll asking if Fergie had 'lost it' and 60% said he should go. It shows you how us mere mortals know nowt about football and the master should ALWAYS be trusted as he knows more than we will ever know. If he says that we have a strong enough squad then he has a strong enough squad. if he buys again it means he did not think he had, simple as that.

As for the Nani potential, all i am syaing is he has shown he is a mor ethan capable winger who scores not enough goals but assists in as many as he is expected to. This is where potential comes into the equation and this is an important season for him, he has to prove it or the boss will knows best and will make the changes.

Obvious he was a talent eh? Don't make me laugh, the same people criticising Nani now and asking is he going to step into Ronaldo's shoes are the same people who wanted Ronaldo out as he was no like for like replacement for Beckham, and 'he should be stripped of the numger 7 shirt'.
    If you deny that happened well I dunno what to tell you, I was there and it was a dark time seemingly for United as they were in transition and had not won the title for 2 seasons and we were playing with the likes of David Bellion up front for a time due to a lack of depth in our squad. and our hopes seemed to be pinned on a skinny showboater from Madeira and the overwhelming voice of united supporters was to get rid of him and buy big as we need a world class central midfielder and a winger (sound familar?).

I remember one sky sports pundit program running a poll asking if Fergie had 'lost it' and 60% said he should go. It shows you how us mere mortals know nowt about football and the master should ALWAYS be trusted as he knows more than we will ever know. If he says that we have a strong enough squad then he has a strong enough squad. if he buys again it means he did not think he had, simple as that.

As for the Nani potential, all i am syaing is he has shown he is a mor ethan capable winger who scores not enough goals but assists in as many as he is expected to. This is where potential come sinto the equation and this is an important season for him, he has to prove it or the boss will know best for that he wants to do with him.
    By the time Ronaldo was starting his third season at United (the stage Nani is at now) Bellion had already been farmed out on loan to West Ham. Let's stick to the facts at the very least here, you may have been there, but you mustn't have been paying attention.:pac:

Notwithstanding that, the fact that United had Bellion up front at all i nthat time frame kinda points to the problems they had at the time in terms of the quality of the squad: anyone who was blaming that on Ronaldo was obviously an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

only1stevo wrote: »
    Until i see the photoshoot, i wont be believing it...

Not that it would be that big deal but It seems a little odd with the laughter and all, I would agree with Nani or Valencia getting it or maybe even Welbeck, who i have great faith in...

I assumed the laughing was they couldn't believe grown men were moaning about such mundane things as shirt numbers when alex had just announced he won't be buying anymore players..

Ronaldo finished his second (and second very average) season in 2005, Bellion was loaned out the summer of 2005.:D

• Advertisement

Ronaldo finished his second (and second very average) season in 2005, Bellion was loaned out the summer of 2005.:D

I was kinda saying the same thing.:pac:

I was kinda saying the same thing.:pac:

Sorry had to close window before I finished my point, damn job expecting me to work:p

Ronaldo took until his FOURTH season to come good and that was only after another palyer who scored far more than Ronaldo left us, Van the man. Anyone who says that they knew Ronaldo would 'come good' is embarrasing themselves as they did not, but they could see he had potential alright. The same potential as Nani does in fact show and his first two seasons at United compare well to Ronaldo's first two and his two seasons at Sporting compare much better than Ronaldo's half a season at Sporting.

So what i am saying is this, he needs to perform this season or he knows he won't be giving another chance but I have every faith in him, if he wants it he wil do it as he has the ability, unlike for example Park who is a workhorse and I lvie him god bless him, but what we see is what we get with him. :D

Sorry had to close window before I finished my point, damn job expecting me to work:p

Ronaldo took until his FOURTH season to come good and that was only after another palyer who scored far more than Ronaldo left us, Van the man. Anyone who says that they knew Ronaldo would 'come good' is embarrasing themselves as they did not, but they could see he had potential alright. The same potential as Nani does in fact show and his first two seasons at United compare well to Ronaldo's first two and his two seasons at Sporting compare much better than Ronaldo's half a season at Sporting.

So what i am saying is this, he needs to perform this season or he knows he won't be giving another chance but I have every faith in him, if he wants it he wil do it as he has the ability, unlike for example Park who is a workhorse and I lvie him god bless him, but what we see is what we get with him. :D

Its obvious we disagree on a mater of opinion. The original argument was that Owen is more deserving of the No.7 jersey of United than Nani and I stand by that. I disagree too that nani has as much potential as Ronaldo aftr two years as Ronaldo's potential was far greater and indeed he hwas a far more established first teamer at that stage than Nani is now. Nani is far from an assured starter at this point in time.

Anyhow I enjoyed the aul debate, but we're going around in circles here.:pac:

Agreed and am going home anyways. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Guys I placed the original post to find out peoples opinion on Owen's move to MAN UTD and the possible outcome of this transfer , success or not ?

It seems to have been turned into the new MAN UTD Supporters thread ???:eek:

Lets get it back on thread ,

Ta

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Well this is where Owen is even more impressive, in the last two season he has played 62 games in League and cup and has scored 23 times, compared to 56 league games and 19 league goals.

His first two seasons were a disaster, his last two he played almost as many games as Rooney, Berbatov & Tevez for United (outscoring two of them for games per goals in a dreadful team).

Bottom line is last year he scored 8 out of Newcastles 40 league goals in a season he knew was gonna be his last for them which ain't bad. If he only plays 25 league games for United this year (and he won't be rushed back from any injuries like he was in Newcastles team) he will bang in 10+ goals as his average has always been that ratio.

He is not a has been in the mould of when pool signed Robbie Fowler when he clearly was past it, embarressing himself and taking a shine off his pre age 27 career at the club (which is s shame as he was simply the best English striker around bar Shearer of course) but United only need to get two seasons out of Owen to top up their assault. And who knows, finally a Liverpool player might get their hands on a League medal, letting Rafa's squad into the secret of winning one :D

Do you think Torres will stick around after this season if they win nowt again? He is supposed to be the best in the world and is in his prime career years, he ain't stupid.

Ruud done the same for us, he was phenonemal for us for five seasons and won one league title, one fa cup and a league cup which is not great. So he rightly went to were most continentals want to play, he went to Madrid and three seasons later he has won two titles.

A few points.

1. A past it Robbie Fowler, on his return to Liverpool, scored at a rate of 1 every three games. Admittedly that was poor by Robbie's usual high standards but it's still on a par with what Rooney and Berbatov (both at their peak) are doing right now for United. It's better than Owen will do.

2. I don't expect Torres to stay at LFC forever, he will one day go back to Atletico with a sack full of medals.

3. Man United will win no trophies in the coming season.

EAT MY FACTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    A few points.

1. A past it Robbie Fowler, on his return to Liverpool, scored at a rate of 1 every three games. Admittedly that was poor by Robbie's usual high standards but it's still on a par with what Rooney and Berbatov (both at their peak) are doing right now for United. It's better than Owen will do.

2. I don't expect Torres to stay at LFC forever, he will one day go back to Atletico with a sack full of medals.

EAT MY FACTS.

All your facts are just opinion. Opinion is not fact. To call them facts sounds a bit stupid but seems par for the course since rafas press conference last season.

A few points.

EAT MY FACTS.
    They're not even facts, lad, pipe down and don't be making a spectacle of yourself. Been listening to your manager a little too much methinks; FAHCTS.:pac:

No sense of humour then lads ?

FWIW - You won't upset me by making smart comments about Rafa, I don't really rate him and don't like him.

No sense of humour then lads ?

FWIW - You won't upset me by making smart comments about Rafa, I don't really rate him and don't like him.

Wasn't really aimed at rafa. It just the common usage of saying fact after opinion pieces since that press conference. I rate rafa highly enough. If you were only joking then sorry missed that but opinion as fact has bugged me for months now :p

On topic, I think if he stays fit he has a good chance of being a success but I'm sure Everton were thinking the same with Saha. He has a good record for finishing chances which has always been a problem at Utd. Hopefully Fergie can keep him fit and get him plenty of supply.

Saying all that he will probably get injured on Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You won't upset me by making smart comments about Rafa, I don't really rate him and don't like him.

Jesus%20Wept.jpg

So he starts off by missing two sitters against the weakest team in the league.

Nice to see he hasn't lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sorry, can't hear a word over the noise of that knee jerking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Owen+United Fans, make me:

15hid8l.jpg

Charlie wrote: »
    Owen+United Fans, make me:

make you a fat black kid :confused:

jaykay74 wrote: »
    make you a fat black kid :confused:

No.

Laugh uncontrollably like a fat black kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:pac:

United fans go on about how he will be class and watch them all hate him now. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

CHD wrote: »

United fans go on about how he will be class and watch them all hate him now. lol.

are you saying united fans don't have the right to change their mind about a player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

taidghbaby wrote: »
    are you saying united fans don't have the right to change their mind about a player?

No but its called being wrong, and people on message boards enjoy pointing out when rival club fans are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

CHD wrote: »

Scolari anyone?

anyway, he has played a total of 1 game in the league and is creating plenty of chances. The goals will come imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

DSB wrote: »
    No but its called being wrong, and people on message boards enjoy pointing out when rival club fans are wrong.

So how are United fans wrong? He's play a total of around 90 mins in the league...

in fairness, he played a fair bit last season too, and hasnt scored since Jan.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    in fairness, he played a fair bit last season too, and hasnt scored since Jan.

yeH but dat was wit sh1tz newcastlol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Have to say this is hilarious. Micheal Owen has played less than 100 minutes in the league and is already being called a failure. For the record i thought he was an awful signing from the get go.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Have to say this is hilarious. Micheal Owen has played less than 100 minutes in the league and is already being called a failure. For the record i thought he was an awful signing from the get go.

He's just continuing on from where left off with Newcastle.

Anyone expecting anything else is nuts

• Advertisement

He's just continuing on from where left off with Newcastle.

Anyone expecting anything else is nuts

where he had a better chance to goals ratio than any of the top strikers in the league?

I wish he was continuing on from there - he'd have hit at least one at this point.

where he had a better chance to goals ratio than any of the top strikers in the league?

I wish he was continuing on from there - he'd have hit at least one at this point.

You can twist stats whatever way you want to.

I watched him week in, week out. He was gash. Along with being a general no mark coward.

is that made up Mitch?

he didnt score from Jan, i presume he got a few chances in that period!?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    is that made up Mitch?

he didnt score from Jan, i presume he got a few chances in that period!?

Whatever Al, i'm not in the mood for your accusations. believe whatever you want.

The stats Sky Sports showed at the time we signed him had his goals to chances ration at 26% (or around there) better than Torres who was around 22%, Rooney at 12 or 14 aqnd Tevez at some single digit figure i think.

i just don't understand how that could be the case when he didn't score since Jan?

• Advertisement
Advertisement