Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So then, Blazblue any good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

LOL. I don't think anybody would actually try and steal something mate. Apart from it not being generally a nerd trait, we know everyones real name, boards name and gamertag.....which means they are **** easy to track down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

bush wrote: »
    Movietyme is good for imports.

Ordered and shipped. Thanks!

• Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

Damn it Leprekaun you crafty dog, I only realised now you made the switcharoo and I have been playing on an old shoe painted to look like a tournament edition stick. Having said that the shoe is probably better! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Xinkai brings up a good point,I'm bringing nothing to this event,none of my sticks or games....I'm just gonna beat up Azza and steal his stick and Kirby for his Mad Katz pad for 360,despite the fact I don't use pads,thats how crafty this group are,trust no one...

Isn't the witch bringing his copy of BlazBlue anyway,oh how naive he must be.

Your such a fool Blag, I consume vastly more amounts of lucozade so my pyscho power is far more powerful than your feeble skills!

And this thread direction is going miles off topic! :D

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Your such a fool Blag, I consume vastly more amounts of lucozade so my pyscho power is far more powerful than your feeble skills!

And this thread direction is going miles off topic! :D

I highly doubt that,I am literally consuming the liquid power of lucozade as I type,let the Lucozade wars begin!

Right so er,back to discussing Blazblue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

From my experience of playing the arcade version at Q-Con, it started off good and just got better as time went on. This has been getting great reviews, too:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3175007&p=4
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/998/998860p1.html

and...

http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/07/10/no-words-can-describe-how-awesome-this-is/

Yeah the reviews have been pretty much all positive. The game is mean't to have a decent single player story which is a novelty for fighting games. But deffo with the amount of advanced buzz this game is generating its going be worth checking out.

BREAKING NEWS:
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11072573/-/Product.html?searchstring=blazblue&searchsource=0
    Pre-order. | Due for release on 30/10/2009

I'm told that this doesn't quite mean that a European release is set in stone, but make of this what you will.

Yreval wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS:
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11072573/-/Product.html?searchstring=blazblue&searchsource=0

I'm told that this doesn't quite mean that a European release is set in stone, but make of this what you will.

Cool,that is encouraging though,at least for us who don't have a ps3 or want to import.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Just wondering for those who imported it, can anyone tell me if they got it working on a standard TV?

If its an American game then it probably uses the NTSC standard and if thats the case if your TV doesn't support NTSC your gonna get a black and white picture only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

blag wrote: »
    Isn't the witch bringing his copy of BlazBlue anyway,oh how naive he must be.

Oh I am not naive, you don't even KNOW how good BB is. Rude man. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So, now that you've all seen it: it's a wee bit crazy, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Crazy sir would be an understatement :). I only tried one character which is that dude with the big sword and white hair :) but I did like it. I think I'll probably get it because I love the way each character is so different to each other, it makes matches a lot more interesting compared to the common fighting system between different characters in other fighters. I've been hesitant to get the import because of my SDTV but I've read in the manual that it supports NTSC supported equipment which means it should be alright. Even if it didn't work, I'll probably just get an HD monitor which is considerably cheaper than an HDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I had a chance to play it on an Arcade in Tokyo in March. There wasn't many machines but always a group hanging out of them. It's pretty decent but as said, there's a GG feeling to it. Not necessarily a bad thing!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Has anyone got any idea on a 360 release date, I really want to give this a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

October is looking like the latest rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't think Ill get it. Its too twitchy for my liking.

guilty gear and marvel vs capcom just move too fast. I prefer Street fighter, tekken, soul calibur style. Slow and tactical. I think games should reward the smarter player with the best matchup knowledge, not the guy who memorizes seventeen hundred combo's.

That's not really what those games come down to, though - just the perception of them at first glance. You wouldn't be doing anything much more execution-intensive than TU > FADC > fw.RH > ultra with Sagat in BB, for example. The combo strings are longer, sure, but they're reportedly fairly intuitive once you understand the basics of the game.

• Advertisement

I take exception with Tekken being slow, too.
    Check youtube: Devastation 2009 Tekken 6 Finals.

Good god this game will rule my life! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

And...

20090727.jpg

:pac:

Didn't have any interest in this myself at first but the more I look into it the more interests me. Bit annoying I'll have to wait till Oct for it (360) but I'll more than likely be picking it up.

Some good news and some bad news...

Good news: BB European release officially confirmed, and with new content too!

Bad news: ...but not until early 2010.

http://www.onelastcontinue.com/10170/blazblue-is-coming-to-europe-next-year-with-new-characters/
    http://www.industrygamers.com/releases/1058/

That sure is a pile of balls!

Basically, it looks to me like they didn't think about Euro localization on time.
    And as I work in that biz, I can tell you that a game like BB, esp. due to the story mode, would take 2-4 months to localize into 5 languages.

But hey, we might get a rebalanced version -- BB 2.0? :)

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    That sure is a pile of balls!

Yes it is! I guess I'll pick up battle fantasia to tide me to over til then so...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I ordered this for the PS3. EVO matches are worth looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hawke wrote: »
    I ordered this for the PS3. EVO matches are worth looking up.

Fixed your post.

When using YOUTUBE tags only put what comes after the = in the URL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Fixed your post.

When using YOUTUBE tags only put what comes after the = in the URL.

Yeah I realised it when I posted but the edit function wouldn't work.

Advertisement