Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running in the comeraghs

Options
  • 12-07-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

hi guys,
    Im just wondering does anyone know if there are any running trails in the comeraghs. Im from the city so I have no idea if there is or not. Would appreciate some help

Cheers
    Nutzzz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont run (god forbid!) but a route that springs to mind is the Mahon falls road, take the N25 to Lemybrien go down Carrick road to Mahon Bridge, turn left and then follow road until you reach the forrestry area inside cattle grid (Davbeg). Park and take the road up to the Mahon falls carparking area, go over the peak above same and down the other side (Davmore) and you come back around. Its only about 4/5 km long.

In google maps the townlands are called Crough and Graiguearush, you can see the loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

cheers mike, i just looked at it, its a 5.5km loop. Whats the scenery like. Its been years since I was up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Might be too far you but Colligan woods outside Dungarvan has a great running route, about 6 kms in total but can be broken down into a number of smaller runs.

Advertisement