Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contact lenses - online prices in NZ

Options
  • 12-07-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Has anyone compared the prices of lenses on NZ sites?

I use focus dailies and want to make sure i get them as cheap as I can!

If you got other lenses the site you got them off may be cheap for all lenses....

Just checking before go googling and pricing, in case anybody has already done the work for me! (Lazy i know, but I'm tired!)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Well I'm here and I only had 1 pair of specs with me and sure enough fell asleep on the couch after a few and stood on them :mad: The quotes for new glasses were ridiculous!

I got a pair of glasses firstly off http://www.auspecs.com.au and got a pair there whcih were pretty decent and I couldn't fault them!

but I found a cheaper site than that that I found were better quality and had rave reviews all over the net http://www.zennioptical.com .You'll be waiting 2 - 3 weeks possibly for frames off them but I got a pair of flexi-bendi frames and 2 prescription sunglasses for €60 all in, if I remember correctly.

now the above sites may do contacts but just sharing my experience with them for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

That site is great eringobragh...Cheap as chips...Goodbye specsavers

Did you just but the sunshade models listed on the site or did they used to have more typical prescription sunglasses?

terencemc wrote: »
    That site is great eringobragh...Cheap as chips...Goodbye specsavers

Did you just but the sunshade models listed on the site or did they used to have more typical prescription sunglasses?

I used the normal prescription frames with a 50% tint on one and an 80% on another mainly got them for driving. Either way the quality is superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My OH buys his contact lenses on Ezy lens and it's significantly cheaper (or so I'm told) http://www.ezyvision.co.nz/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

Glasses in NZ far too expensive so went for Contact lense fit in OPSM.

Got quoted $120/$140 (can't remember) for my 3 month supply- I said that i just wanted perscription as this was too expensive.

THEN they told me that....OPSM will match any quote you get from a NZ online supplier. Got quote for my 3mth supply from www.contacts2go.co.nz dropped it into my local OPSM and they matched the quote!- No waiting/using c/c online etc.(oh and i got my 3mth supply for $80!!!)

I don't think they advertise this service..but it is totally worth going into a branch and asking. My 3 mths are nearly up so will try this again with them and see what they say!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

After much investigation, www.quicklens.co.nz seemed to be the best value for what I was getting... Focus dailies and also thought i'd try focus monthly's so got the dailies for $22.77 per box of 30 and them monthlies for $19.77 per box of 6. Was also a 9.50 shipping....
    Some sites gave free shiping but for my combo this was best deal.

THanks for all the help!

Also if anybody in NZ wants some free solution.... no strings or purchase rqd. www.EzyVision.co.nz/FreeSolution

but I found a cheaper site than that that I found were better quality and had rave reviews all over the net http://www.zennioptical.com .You'll be waiting 2 - 3 weeks possibly for frames off them but I got a pair of flexi-bendi frames and 2 prescription sunglasses for €60 all in, if I remember correctly.

now the above sites may do contacts but just sharing my experience with them for now!

Eringobragh,
    Was looking at this site as i also need glasses, it is cheap! I couldn't find details of international delivery though, I emailed them but no response yet... Did you get them delivered to NZ?

Eringobragh,
    Was looking at this site as i also need glasses, it is cheap! I couldn't find details of international delivery though, I emailed them but no response yet... Did you get them delivered to NZ?

No I got them delivered to Australia, but TBH I'd go ahead and order them as they come from Hong Kong and delivery is calculated before checkout, i'm pretty sure they deliver internationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Specsavers do contact lenses, store locator is pretty handy too

Just got my free lens solution from www.EzyVision.co.nz/FreeSolution.

A 120ml bottle of opti free replenish(cleans and replenishes lenses). Also got a free lens case and a couple of chocolates!

Well worth doing and no obligation to purchase anything. Costs nothing!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement