Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walk around Dublin

• 12-07-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

This Tuesday at the Spire, O'Connell Street @ 9pm
    Heading for a stroll with a bunch of people photographers, should be a bit of fun!! Maybe bring along a few tourches and we could do some light painting?

Don't forget to charge your batteries for those long exposures!

Kyle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Sounds interesting how many people have you got so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I think there's 4/5 heading so far and a few other maybe's :)

Cool you can provisionally put me on the list too, I'll update if I can't make it

Good stuff Jim, the more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭eightcell

I have been waiting for a group to be going around Dublin at night, just too unsafe to go by yourself after 9PM. I can join ye for an hour or two if that is ok. Tripods to the ready!

• Advertisement

Super stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Long exposure shots aren't something I've done much of so hope you wouldn't mind my tagging along making you all look great in comparison!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Interesting! I was just talking to someone about doing something like this the other day.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Looks like Tuesday is the driest day this week. May try tag along for the walk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Will be in DCC on tuesday evening. Drop me a pm with your mobile and I'll see if I can drag Cabansail, Vlastik and Kia with me after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Will be in DCC on tuesday evening. Drop me a pm with your mobile and I'll see if I can drag Cabansail, Vlastik and Kia with me after.

Are you talking about me?? ;) I'll be in DCC tomorrow and will have my camera with me. Just that it's not really suitable for night photography...

A little bit more information on my photography blog. Looking forward to meeting everybody!!

I just missed my train so wont be able to make it :( . Hope the weather holds out for you

Ahh sorry to hear, no later train/buses heading up? If you get up late just give me a buzz and I'll meet you somewhere. Numbers on my site :)

kjt wrote: »
    Ahh sorry to hear, no later train/buses heading up? If you get up late just give me a buzz and I'll meet you somewhere. Numbers on my site :)

Cheers but time seems to be against me today maybe next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

Trying to get myself organised to get in later, just in case I dont make it, do you have any similar upcoming events as I'd love to tag along, just started to get into digital photography in the past month, upgrading from an old SLR and would love to meet and learn from more experienced people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Same here, not long in photography, would love to meet others and get tips etc. I don't have a car so it's public transport mostly for me.

Hey guys,
    Great turnout tonight, thanks for coming along!! It was great to meet new people. I'll probably organise another in the near future so keep tuned to the blog. For the people who popped along tonight, if you want to email over those shots it would be cool!! My email is on my website.

Good night!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Err... this is what I miss when I don't view every board every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

think i drove past everyone earlier (was on my way back from football)

ye were on the bridge ...opposite custom house and down towards the O2 a bit.

• Advertisement

monument wrote: »
    Err... this is what I miss when I don't view every board every day!
    This is why you should signup to my blog by Email ;)

Pop along to the next one we have!!
    PCPhoto wrote: »
    think i drove past everyone earlier (was on my way back from football)

ye were on the bridge ...opposite custom house and down towards the O2 a bit.

Yup that was us lot, good craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Didn't get to make it along in the end. Good on you for getting it together anyhoo Kyle. Will hopefuly make the next time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I wanted to get in for this but couldnt get the act together in time...signed up to ye auld blog so maybe next time.

Are you considering other locations or will it be solely city centre?
    Will you be doing any on weekends?

I think for the first few walks we'll stick around the city to keep it easy for logistics. I would like to move out to different & further locations, different days & times as well.

Once the group gets to know each other, start doing trips down to wicklow and the like :)

Hows that sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I really enjoyed this... pretty location and good bunch of people, thanks Kyle

I'm gonna play around with my shots in HDR and put them on my flickr.. I look forward to seeing ye again - night photography (and strobism, once I get my hands on a flash) is something I want to explore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I think for the first few walks we'll stick around the city to keep it easy for logistics. I would like to move out to different & further locations, different days & times as well.

Once the group gets to know each other, start doing trips down to wicklow and the like :)

Hows that sound?

Sounds cool, glad to hear it went well for you lads last night.

Hows that sound?

Thanks for arranging that meet Kyle, I took many tips away with me and would look forward to another meet at some stage. Was in work for 6am so it might be a day or so until its uploaded!

/paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Couldn't make this one :(

but I'd sign up for the next one in a heartbeat. Fair play for organising.

Heres one from the night.

3726512560_c1eaf3466c.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement