Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops for the larger ladies

Options
  • 12-07-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anyone out there could help me...
    I'm going to Dublin next week on a shopping trip with my mother...
    The thing is I am a size 22/24 and she's the same and we both struggle to find clothes that look and feel good! We have a christening and hen party comming up in the next couple of weeks....
    We will be staying in the city centre...
    So basically if any of you know any good shops could you let me know asap...
    Thanks,
    Caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

think the main one would be evans on henry street, also h&m in st stephens green did do some larger sizes, but not sure right now. Also new look do plus sizes... oh and m&s but their styles are a bit older!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

New Look can be good for plus sizes- they go up to a 28 as far as I know, but their range can be limited, more in-fashion pieces, less dressy stuff, although you can be lucky.

Dorothy Perkins do up to a 22 I think, and M&S can be good for dressy pieces (but Jules I know what you mean about their stuff being older), haven't seen much dressy stuff in Evans atm, just mainly them long tops you wear over leggings, but then again, the one in Liffey Valley is a bit shíte sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i think some sizes in monsoon go up to 20, depending on the style you might get something in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Ann Harvey in Arnotts and Clerys but again mostly for the older age group.

Plus and Minors in Thomas St have some nice things too, slightly away from the city centre. About 5mins walk from Christ church.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Plus and Minors in Thomas St have some nice things too, slightly away from the city centre. About 5mins walk from Christ church.

Few shops on meath street (just around the corner from plus and minors).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My friend bought a bunch of tops in Evans recently which are absolutely divine - it appears to have overhauled its range in a major way. I used to associate that shop with awfully dowdy, mammy-ish stuff.

Beth Ditto is designing a range for Evans too, some of which was featured in a magazine recently - looks really cool.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

there is a fab shop in Raheny called Tempted. you can also check them out online: tempted.ie I'm not sure how to get to raheny from the city centre though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I've found that SimplyBe.ie is pretty good for dressier clothes - plus the quality isn't quite as appalling as Evans and New Look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ChewChew wrote: »
    there is a fab shop in Raheny called Tempted. you can also check them out online: tempted.ie I'm not sure how to get to raheny from the city centre though :o

The Dart drops you right off at Raheny village. Or drive along the coast and turn off at Watermill rd.

Advertisement