Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas?

Options
  • 12-07-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭

does anybody know where i would get a decent radio/walkie talkie capable of taking a plug in headset,,,, my own one has packed in, dont want it to cost the earth and only need one, (most come in 2's at least) thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

There really is no substitute for a decent radio, I'd highly recommend the Motorola XTN 446, if you keep an eye on ebay, you'll pick one up for about 100euro in good condition with charger and battery. It may seem like a lot, but honestly, it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I watched eBay for awhile and picked up a second hand set of Motorola XTR446's for about €60 shipped. I have nothing bad to say about them and would recommend them to anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

kdouglas wrote: »
    There really is no substitute for a decent radio, I'd highly recommend the Motorola XTN 446, if you keep an eye on ebay, you'll pick one up for about 100euro in good condition with charger and battery. It may seem like a lot, but honestly, it's worth it.

Agreed with this, expensive, but - quality, clear transmissions and reception.
    If you can stretch to one, this is the one to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

thanks lads,,,,, any shops here selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

get a HYT radio from cq communications on the quays there about 70 euros and have crystal clear audio and transmission also 5 mile range high and low freq

• Advertisement
Advertisement