Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BF: Bad Company issues

• 12-07-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Well I got this used last night and really like it,Being me I went off straight away and played online,But after about 10-15 mins,It disconnected,I tried to reconnect and it failed,Exited the game and tested live connection all OK,Opened game and it connected first time,Again after 10-15 mins gone again,And it's been like that since,Although my connection is slow it's fairly stable and I never disconnected from COD WAW,Seems odd...I'm on a wireless isp so it could be this bad weather affecting it,But I don't think so?

Can anyone help?

DOH just saw the BF subforum,Can a mod move it there please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anybody??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hey, i'm a big bad company nut! Already worn out my gold edition of the game, had to buy another.

So this could be what's effecting your connection- Battlefield Pacific 1943 was released last week- it was so popular that for two days noone could get online to it- so more servers had to be set up to deal with the amount of people playing.
    Anyway long story short is all the battlefield servers (bad company and 1943 use the same servers) are maxed out with people playing bad company and 1943.
    The plus side is that the reason that the servers were so busy was that there was a competition for 1943 where when all the players reached 43million kills across the two consoles a new map will unlock-which was achieved yesterday. So maybe it'll calm down over the next few days?

Also maybe this is just me but i always find the battlefield connection to be weaker on sundays (couldn't be nothing though)

BC is an awesome game anyway! The story mode is alright but bump it up onto the hardest setting- the easier settings are the definition of easy, you'd have it finished in a couple hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

Great game indeed ... BF Bad Company!! Pity the huge landscapes arent on COD WAW ... Would make a great gaming experience.

One other good point is the guns on Bad Company are more down to earth ... Firing a .5 from miles away gets you a kill, do the same on COD up close and nothing happens!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

BF games in general = large maps + vehicles (I love me auld tanks) + time to think = :D

COD games in general = smaller maps + no vehicles + frantic running around = :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

....Call of duty smells.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Nam_Man wrote: »
    Great game indeed ... BF Bad Company!! Pity the huge landscapes arent on COD WAW ... Would make a great gaming experience.

One other good point is the guns on Bad Company are more down to earth ... Firing a .5 from miles away gets you a kill, do the same on COD up close and nothing happens!!:cool:

Apart from the damn grenade launcher, does sweet **** all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Update: Been emailing an engineer from my ISP recently,Deicded to ask this morning if he could check my traffic to see if a port from the game was being blocked,

He told me i need a public IP so i set it up and low and behold i had about an hour of playing uniterupteded :D

Always assumed it was an EA issue as COD WAW played fine,

Any body wanna give me their GT's?
    Could play a game some time

Advertisement