Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle Licence Renewals

Options
  • 12-07-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I have heard that only target club members and those who have their own land will be able to renew their hunting rifle licences after July. I understand that different rules will apply to those who hold deer hunting licences. There must be thousands of people who own .22's, .17, .223 etc who are not target club members. Apparently being a member of an NARGC gun club won't suffice as this will only cover shotguns. Does anybody here know if this is actually the case or just scaremongering. Apologies if this topic has been covered previously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Have the lads that you have heard the above from any facts, proof or links to back any of this up. To be honest there is to much scaremongering.Wait till the end of the month till your renewl comes and then do what needs be reapply or renew for 3 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bongo bongo

:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

what do you mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

I really doubt it... I think there more concerned with handguns to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

I hope you are right elius. I am a member of a target shooting club though all of my rifle licences are granted for hunting and I want to keep it that way. However the people I got the info from should know whats coming down the line with regard to licencing purely from a business perspective. Many of my friends have a single rifle for vermin control and I know that they are not going to pay several hundred Euros annually to keep a rifle that they use infrequently. Maybe its sole purpose is to reduce the number of firearms cert holders. I hope I am way off the mark with this. The fact that its not common knowledge here makes it seem that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Nothing has changed legally regarding the criteria for getting a licence. What you can get a licence for (pistols) has changed, but that's about it. If you already hold a licence, then you've obviously satisfied the criteria for having it. New guidelines on licensing from the Gardai are due soon and will be published, so there should be no confusion.

Vermin control is 'good reason' for having a .22lr rifle.

Scaremongering is rife at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Reading all this sh!te sounds like the booggy man is out and about.

If you have a license then you have a license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I would say it's a load of rubbish OP.

Who would control the vermin if the people don't do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

clivej wrote: »
    Reading all this sh!te sounds like the booggy man is out and about.

If you have a license then you have a license.

Im the boogeyman and im coming to get you and your rifles :D:P:D

0000035819_20061116141803.jpg

Advertisement