Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promote a youth player.....

Options
  • 12-07-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

What's the deal with the academy?

You can't see player stats, so do you just have to guess how good a guy is before you promote him?

And how long do you need to be pumping money into the academy before you'd start getting 15,000+ csr players out of it? How much would you have to be putting into also...

In the grand scheme of things, is the academy a luxury rather than day to day development of the club?

Comments

I promote my top players in Youth Squad Stats.

I've done it twice and gotten two really good players, both of whom will now be starting on my main squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

[Jackass] wrote: »
    You can't see player stats, so do you just have to guess how good a guy is before you promote him?
    The reporters' summary of junior matches is the best indication you can get.
    And how long do you need to be pumping money into the academy before you'd start getting 15,000+ csr players out of it? How much would you have to be putting into also...
    50 grand for 8 weeks will bring the academy up to 10 stars. At that point, any new players to join the academy should be pretty good (provided you keep the 50k investment going throughout their development).

So basically it'll take at least a season and a half of investment before you can regularly pull (potentially) top class players.

the general wisdom seems to be that there is no point in spending anything in-between 5 and 50 - that a 9 star academy is actually no better than a 1 star academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

What's the deal with the academy?

In the grand scheme of things, is the academy a luxury rather than day to day development of the club?

When promoting a player you go into reporters summary.
    There you will get a rating on every player. DON'T just promote the admirable (above potential) fullback, because that means the player had one good game but could still be useless because the only information that we have is that this player played better than usual.
    The player you want is the Decent (below potential) or even better Reputable (below potential) because this means even though the players played well their stats are even better meaning you have a very good player.
    A Reputable (to potential) player is also good as you know he is going to have reputable stats.

This is what I do and I usually get good quality pulls . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cheers lads.

I went with your logic ajeffares and went through the history of games and the youth hooker always seemed to play well, but was below potential, so popped him into senior squad........2,616 csr, absolute sh*t heap!! :D I wouldn't even allow him be a water boy!!

Looks like the youth development at Raging Bulls is worse than I thought!! :p

It'll have to stay like that for a while too...just don't think I have the beans to be throwing 50k a week into it!

Maybe in a couple of seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Here is my plan for the youth academy.

I currently have twelve 18 year olds in my youth squad.

This season, I will not promote any of these players. I will only promote 17 or 19 year olds. Hopefully as I promote these players I will get a few more 18 year olds into the squad. If I do, these new players will not be promoted either.

This means that as these guys get a year older at the beginning of next season, I should have a good crop of 19 year old players next season. Again, I will not promote any of these guys. From about week 7 of next season, I will start to invest 50K per week into the academy. At the end of next season, my academy should be running at 10stars. When next season is finalised, all the 19 year olds will go and work in McDonalds (if the recession is over) and I will have recruited a whole bunch of new youth players at 10star academy level.

Hope this works !!

• Advertisement

I have an Nice little player coming on tues
    Brendan O'Lagnan
    Reputable (below potential)
    He's 18 A psychotic player with controlled discipline (perfect:D)
    Sounds like a walk in to the starting 15
    Prob SH because seems to have good handling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

jprender wrote: »
    Here is my plan for the youth academy.

I currently have twelve 18 year olds in my youth squad.

This season, I will not promote any of these players. I will only promote 17 or 19 year olds. Hopefully as I promote these players I will get a few more 18 year olds into the squad. If I do, these new players will not be promoted either.

This means that as these guys get a year older at the beginning of next season, I should have a good crop of 19 year old players next season. Again, I will not promote any of these guys. From about week 7 of next season, I will start to invest 50K per week into the academy. At the end of next season, my academy should be running at 10stars. When next season is finalised, all the 19 year olds will go and work in McDonalds (if the recession is over) and I will have recruited a whole bunch of new youth players at 10star academy level.

Hope this works !!

Interesting.

You should ask the experts on Planet Rugby if it will work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sardXV

Hi, quick question...

Do the players in the Youth Academy age in real time, or according to the seasons (ie - one season = one year)?

I would like to make sure my guys don't leave the academy before I have had a chance to promote them. I am currently on a 5* Academy, and would be a bit miffed if I find out one week all my 19 yo have gone off to model lingerie. (also... How would I explain that to their parents ;))

sardXV wrote: »
    Hi, quick question...

Do the players in the Youth Academy age in real time, or according to the seasons (ie - one season = one year)?

I would like to make sure my guys don't leave the academy before I have had a chance to promote them. I am currently on a 5* Academy, and would be a bit miffed if I find out one week all my 19 yo have gone off to model lingerie. (also... How would I explain that to their parents ;))

Ha ha.
    No they age the same as the rest of us ie. 1 season = 1 birthday
    And if you want to avoid having players going off to model lingerie you'll have to take them off their strength training.
    Whats your team name? Pls sign the player list

PS Welcome to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sardXV

ajeffares wrote: »
    Ha ha.
    No they age the same as the rest of us ie. 1 season = 1 birthday
    And if you want to avoid having players going off to model lingerie you'll have to take them off their strength training.
    Whats your team name? Pls sign the player list

PS Welcome to boards

Done :cool:

So at the end of this season the guys will age one year, and the 19 yo will move on? Sweet, I thought so.

BTW the lingerie chirp is from the Documentation on Academy training. Haha, nice little easter egg there. :pac:

Thanks for the welcome, have been looking for a decent discussion board on BOR.

S

• Advertisement

Well welcome aboard:D

Brendan O'Lagnan
    18 years old | 10,005 CSR | 197 cm | 91 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in decent form, and perfect energy levels.
    A psychotic player with controlled discipline, moderate leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Stamina:Satisfactory07.gif
    Handling:
    Admirable10.gif
    Attack:
    Decent08.gif
    Defense:
    Limited04.gif
    Technique:
    Limited04.gif
    Strength:
    Horrible03.gif
    Jumping:
    Despicable02.gif
    Speed:
    Satisfactory07.gif
    Agility:
    Average06.gif
    Kicking:
    Average06.gif

Meet my new SH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Promoted a guy this morning, not too special so I wont bother to tell you about him.

However, my new recruit, is a 16 year old who goes by the name of

ACE BIGHEAD.

Obviously gonna go all the way to the top. What was his mother thinking ? :D

Advertisement