Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Walkman not turning on

• 12-07-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭

I bought my mother a 4GB sony walkman in March (model NWZ-E436F 4GB).
    She was using it this morning in the gym, one song played and then it just turned off. She presumed the battery just died.
    But have tried charging it with the USB cable and nothing happens. Have tried different USB ports on her PC, and also on my iBook.
    Nothing at all happens on the Mac, but on her Vista PC, once the USB is plugged in, it beeps as if it is detecting new hardware, an icon in the bottom right shows it installed the device driver successfully but then it doesn't even appear in My Computer.
    Nothing ever happens on the screen of the MP3 player.
    Have pressed the reset button on the back of the player but its still the same?

Any ideas?

I bought it in Argos in March (Mother's Day gift) but have since lost the receipt :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Did it come in contact with moisture? (no offense to your mother of course)
    Either way, I don't think a few drops would have killed it. Did it come with any sort of Sony warranty?

Advertisement