Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live at the Apollo Wth Dara O'Briain & Frankie Boyle

• 12-07-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

I saw parts of this last night on RTÉ - I didn't think it was great though.

Some parts were funny, but other parts were just silly, IMO.

Didn't think Frankie was much good, IMO.

Anyone else see this? What did you think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Dara is always a legend. Frankie was a little disappointing but he has that sort of humour. I liked it overall but felt it was over all too quickly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I quite like Frankie Boyle although he is more suited to making quips on a pannel show than maintaining it for a full standup performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can't stand Dara O'Briain, his popularity is a mystery to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I quite like Frankie Boyle although he is more suited to making quips on a pannel show than maintaining it for a full standup performance
    I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I thought that Frankie was good, but was more one liners than continuous which made it seem a little disjointed. His humour is a little less mainstream that O'Briain.

Dara was good enough as well. Delivered his lines well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

fryup wrote: »
    can't stand Dara O'Briain, his popularity is a mystery to me
    I wouldn't go that far. His work on The Panel & Mock The Week is good. As far as his stand up goes I don't rate him, weak material with at least five lazy Irish jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

His live act is all those "quips" strung together, suppose that means that they are not quips at all, just lines:eek:
    Aidric wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. His work on The Panel & Mock The Week is good. As far as his stand up goes I don't rate him, weak material with at least five lazy Irish jokes.

He has improved a lot on what he was like (he was shocking bad for the beee jasas stuff a few years ago)
    very professional delevery at mo

I love the fact that people think his crowd interaction bit is all off the top of his head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

I saw Dara recently on a stand up show and it was all off teh cuff improvised stuff, bouncing of the audience adn i couldn't stop laughing. You just didn't know where he was coming from next. I was suprised, even though I like him in Mock The Week, i hadn't expected so much, but I'd definately go and see him live now after that.

I think Frankie Boyle is class too. He crosses that line no one else does, but it's definately more than just shock value.

Advertisement