Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Jobs???

Options
  • 12-07-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently got an interview for <snip> but heard a few negative things about them saying theyre door to door sales...anyone have any idea??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Barely legal scam, avoid. More threads on this in Work and Jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

Did this a few years ago with a similar company... God it was dreadful. We had to sell cards for restaurants door to door. The cards were discount coupons really for a named restaurant and every time the buyer went they got some sort of discount eg free coffee or desert, or maybe half price on the early bird. Anyway the cards cost the buyer €20.00 and out of that if I remember correctly we got €3 or €4 (nwe I could be slightly wrong on those figures)... but thats all we got, there was no basic pay plus sales!! Anyhow we started at 10.00am in the morning and normally worked til 9pm at night...and if i remember correctly I never sold more than 2 or 3 a day... nobody wanted the things and I was not good at selling. But if you are good at selling then it may work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

<snip> are known by many many many names. Do a search here for <snip> Marketing and you'll come up with some horror stories, they changed name to <snip>, and regularly post on jobs.ie - what a pack of cowboys!

They'll fill you up with hope, a large suitcase with trinkets, and you'll be calling door to door selling colouring books and boxer shorts to shops and businesses. Biggest scam going, and even though you're called a Manager, when you're not being paid a wage it's hard to justify that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I did a job similar to this in London a few years back.
    It can be ok but you need to be a very good salesperson.
    I did make some decent cash when I did it.

BUT - Prob not the best type of job to be after in the current climate.
    I'd avoid it if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Avoid like the plague! Bunch of cowboys, so much so that when I found out what exactly I would be doing for them (by actually going for a 2nd round "hands on/working interview"), I terminated my own interview. Of course I waited until the tosser of a "Manager" who despite me correcting him multiple times had been calling me by the wrong name for the past 4 hours, had bought us dinner.

You can't buy/sell dignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If the idea of dragging a suitcase that could carry a romanian family behind you all day through the rain, in and out of every shop, hoping to sell one of your baubles for a Euro commission appeals to you, go for it, otherwise, keep an eye out for a real company, and a real job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leeb23

Glad I checked them out, was about to travel two hours for a training day tomorrow.

Advertisement