Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a Blackberry?

• 12-07-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting a Blackberry, mainly for internet usage and also my best mate in Boston has one and Blackberry owners can message each other for free, im not sure if this would work in Ireland though, anyone know?

The other option i was thinking about was the Nokia E63, would that be better? skype on the phone would be very handy.

I'm not up to speed on phones these days, current Nokia was the cheapest phone i could find in the store!

Your advice would be much appreciated, happy sunday folks...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

JenK wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting a Blackberry, mainly for internet usage and also my best mate in Boston has one and Blackberry owners can message each other for free, im not sure if this would work in Ireland though, anyone know?

Yeah it will work alright. It's called Blackberry Messenger and you can message other Blackberry owners for free using it.

Very handy and money saving too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

If free messaging to your friend is your main concern, then get a Blackberry. However, if you told us a bit more about what you want from a phone, it would be easier to recommend something. Do you mainly text or call people? Do you want to use email or view web pages? Media player? Etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

JenK wrote: »
    The other option i was thinking about was the Nokia E63, would that be better?

Define better.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JenK

Well im looking for a phone that has access to email, internet( view web pages), call and text of course, the ability to use skype. doesn't need to have any entertainment media.

My only issue with the Blackberry is that it seems really expensive.
    Thanks for replying ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Blackberry will email call and text fine, but web browsing is pretty awful.

There isn't a proper Skype client for Blackberry (one isn't even mentioned on their site).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I have no issues with browsing on my Blackberry. Perfect for net stuff, email, etc obviously.
    Good too if you want to use MSN/Live Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, etc on the go too.
    Not a skype user, but am sure there is something you can use for it on Blackberry.

I assume you will be using this as a bill pay customer and not pay as you go?

Advertisement